Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP35-DS3R and choice of Heatsink?

Hi, some advice please.

I have an EP35-DS3R and I need to need to know if there are any issues using the one of the following heatsinks.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212
    Zalman 9700
    Zalman 9500 AT

My main concern is, will they fit on this board?

I originally bought a Scythe Mugen which is 115mm wide with the fan and it covers the first mem slot making it unusable, so now I have to find something else.

The Hyper 212 is narrow but it's long, so will it affect the NB and PSU? The 9700 looks great but it's 124mm wide, 9mm wider than the Scythe... The 9500 is 112mm wide so that should fit?

Thanks
    Last edited by Morcas; 07-17-2008, 12:33 AM.

Re: EP35-DS3R and choice of Heatsink?

I used to use a 9700 on my P35-DS4 which is the same minus the pipes. Are you maybe installing it in the wrong direction, or thinking about it that way I mean?

The fan on the zalman's should blow out the back of the case, making the width not matter to the ram. Here is a shot of mine with 9700 and you can see NB and Ram is fine

I bought the 9500 to see if there was room and there was PLENTY, RMA'd a few days later for 9700

Comment

Thank you for that, it's great to actually see it installed :)

What was the problem with the 9500?

Hopefully will get it built this weekend, got all the bits, just to take the Mugen back and get the Zalman...

Comment

Anytime man, Glad I had some images for ya. I know I spent a while looking myself before deciding to see how big the 9500 was by buying it

I only bought it to see how large it really was... And the mounting bracket sucks for it compared to the 9700 so that is why the RMA for 9700 so fast.

That is only because of my heatpipes though, you will have no issue with either on a DS3R though, but get the 9700 if you can afford it

Comment

Here is the "big head" Zalman 9700NT mounted on EP35C-DS3R.
          There is no much room around but fitted...

GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
          i5-4690K + Corsair H90
          Sapphire Radeon R7 240
          16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
          Corsair CX750M
          Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Working...
          X