Hello,

I assembled a new tower with the following components:
    MB: GA-EX38-DS4 Rev. 1.1
    Proc: E8400
    Ram: 2*1 GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 CL4
    Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD4850 512MB
    HDD: WD 500GB WD5001ABYS
    PSU: Coolermaster Rs-700

When I push the power button, the MB beeps once short (it seems that it should do that), all the fans work, the leds are lit, but I have no display.

By reading this forum, I realized that there is some trouble with this motherboard working with this RAM, so I checked with only one at a time and the result is the same: everything seem to work, but no display.

I cleared the CMOS with a screwdriver (no jumper in the package...) but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Re: GA-EX38-DS4 Rev 1.1 beeps but no display

Well I can think of a few things. Can you test that card on a different system to be sure it is not DOA?

And do you have a older CPU? I see your board only supports that CPU with BIOS F2 onward, and you may have gotten it shipped out with F1. This is the only way to confirm that

Also, if you can test that ram on a different system both the ram and GFX card, as both or either one could have been shipped to you DOA

Comment

Thank you Lsdmeasap for replying. I finally found what the problem was.

In my older PC, I was using a VGA (gx card) to DVI (monitor) cable. For my new PC, I took the same, to which I installed an adaptor provided with the HD4850 card in order to make it DVI to DVI and I was getting no display.

I replaced the cable with a new DVI to DVI (without the adaptor) and it worked... Damn adaptors.

Thank you again :)

Comment

Nice thinking. I do not have such a expensive card so I had no idea that could matter X1950 over here

Glad you got it working!

Comment

Working...
        X