Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X48T-DQ6 CPU Host Frequency Issue

Hello.

I am having an issue with the CPU Host Frequency in my motherboard. My Intel Q9450 processor has a 1333 MHz FSB and the CPU Host Frequency should be 333 MHz, as recommended in the manual. The motherboard, however, sets the default CPU Host Frequency to 400 MHz. This has resulted in overclocking the processor from 2.66 GHz to to 3.20 GHz. I have tried changing the CPU Host Frequency in the BIOS (in the MB Intelligent Tweaker section) to the correct value of 333 MHz but the BIOS will not let me do this. The CPU Host Frequency is in blue and is not configurable. The manual states that if the CPU Host Clock Control is enabled than the CPU Host Frequency will be configurable. But, the CPU Host Clock Control is enabled and the CPU Host Frequency is still not configurable. The CPU Host Clock Control is also in blue and is not configurable, which, according to the manual, it should be in white and configurable. Nonetheless, I would like to change the CPU Host Frequency to 333 MHz. I just built this computer and the motherboard sets the CPU Host Frequency to 400 MHz, which is the incorrect value. 333 MHz is the correct value for my processor, and I need help to change the BIOS to this value.

Thank you.

Below is information about my computer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-X48T-DQ6
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.3
    BIOS Ver : F4
    Serial No. : SN082100039371
    Purchase Dealer : newegg
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : ATi Model : 4870
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : Q9450 Speed : 2.66
    Operation System : Vista 64-bit SP :
    Memory Brand : Type : DDR3
    Memory Size : 2x2GB Speed : 1600MHz
    Power Supply : 625 W

Re: GA-X48T-DQ6 CPU Host Frequency Issue

Please go in your BIOS and Load Optimized Defaults, and then Save and Apply F10. NOT Fail safe Defaults.

Then reboot and see if you can make changes, Yes this should be set to manual to change the FSB >>>

CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [333]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]

Please also make this change >>>
    Performance Enhance = [Standard]

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Please go in your BIOS and Load Optimized Defaults, and then Save and Apply F10. NOT Fail safe Defaults.

Then reboot and see if you can make changes, Yes this should be set to manual to change the FSB >>>

CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
      CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
      CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [333]
      PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]

Please also make this change >>>
      Performance Enhance = [Standard]
      Hi.

I followed your instructions above but I still cannot change the CPU Host Frequency. CPU Host Frequency is still in blue and is not configurable. The CPU Host Clock control is enabled, but it is also in blue and is not configurable. It seems the motherboard thinks that the default setting is 400, when the true default setting is 333.

More help on this is needed and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RichardR

Comment

Can you set it at all? Like above 400? Just wondering.

Did you have a older CPU in there first? If so, then you may just need to clear your CMOS, do this by unplugging your PSU from the wall and put a hard drive or optical jumper on the Clear CMOS pins and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then remove the jumper and plug your PSU back then go in the BIOS and load and save/apply optimized defaults again and reboot and then see if you can make changes yet.

If not >>>

You could try one of these posted Beta BIOS's. DO NOT USE @BIOS To flash >>>

And again, after you flash please load and save/apply Optimized defaults and reboot before making any BIOS changes

Comment

Working...
        X