EP35-DS3R and Kingston ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP35-DS3R and Kingston ram?

Unfortunately I'm pretty limited to the type of RAM I can buy, so I just want to check if Kingston, either value or possibly HyperX will be ok in the EP35-DS3R. Also is 2x2GB better than 4x1GB

One other thing, would there be any problems running 1066 HyperX 2GB modules, as I can't buy 800's

Thanks
    Last edited by Morcas; 07-12-2008, 06:13 AM.

Re: EP35-DS3R and Kingston ram?

Why are you limited? Yes, Kingston is fine but it is not the best as you likely know.
    2x2 would be easier on your NB but maybe not your pocket $$.

1066 will also be fine

Can you get Mushkin or G.Skills? Just wondering

Just so you know ahead of time 2x2 will require you to manually set some things in the BIOS

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm limited because I cannot buy anything else where I live. basically it's Kingston, Hynix or no name. Some times we have OCZ, but not often.

Only one retailer here and mail order is not an option in this country.

Comment

OCZ isnt so great with GA boards. Get kingston then, just do not expect huge overclocks

So you cannot buy on ebay from a worldwide shipper?

Comment

Likely to get stolen when it comes through customs... I'll go with the HyperX, not really worried about overclocking, this PC will have to last a while...

Comment

Ahh Ok, well then ya Kingston is Good stable ram at stock clocks and a little above

Comment

Working...
            X