EP45-DS3R Raid Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS3R Raid Problems

Hi, I have a EP45-DS3R with the intel ICH10 chipset. I have three hard drives and am trying to install windows on the non-raid drive, and have a raid-0 array for storage. Anytime I enable raid, the system blue screens and reboots. So far I have tried:

Install windows with raid disabled, then once windows is installed, enable raid in the bios = Blue Screen, reboot.

Install Windows with the raid enabled = Blue screen, reboot

Install Windows the the F6 Driver with raid enabled = Blue Screen, reboot.

I have tried using the driver on the CD, and the latest driver from Intel for the F6 Driver. I have also updated to the latest bios for the mainboard.

I have plugged the standalone drive in on SATA1 and the 2 raid drives on SATA4 & SATA5 (as in bios there is as setting for SATA0-3 being legacy or native support). (i have tried several ways of plugging drives in) RAID bios is properly setup. The only troublesome thing is the inability to in the raid bios setup to not set the drive as bootable... I have tried the standalone drive as native mode and legacy mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

Billy
    Last edited by xoticrox; 07-10-2008, 02:24 PM.

Re: EP45-DS3R Raid Problems

From these posts below and yours I think you may need to try a new bios, as there is some issues with P45 and Raid

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I downgraded to the F5 BIOS and all is working great now.

Comment

Really! Glad to hear it!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X