Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my motherboard pick

I picked out the
    gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4 for my new gaming rig, and i was hoping to get some feedback on it??????

Re: my motherboard pick

Do you want some reviews about it? If so I found this for you >>
    PC Perspective - Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 nForce 570 SLI Motherboard Review

Comment

Re: my motherboard pick

Its an older board for sure, NV hasn't really made that chipset in a while. Its a holdover from when they were just falling out of love with AMD. I had a 590 SLI board, and it ran fine. I would only buy one of those if you're intent on running SLI, otherwise not. I switched away from Nvidia AMD boards because it seemed like they lost interest in the AMD market. Motherboard chipset driver updates stopped coming, and all their focus went to Intel.

Personally, I would try one of the newer AMD type ones if you're going to use an AM2 socket processor. For the same money, you can get a GA-M78G-DS3H or a GA-MA770-DS3. I'd opt for the M78G, with the SB700 southbridge. You can get a cheap Radeon 4850 for less than $200, and build a super fast gamer for pretty cheap.

They do support crossfire, albeit you end up using the 4X PCIE slot for the second card, which does work (I tried it on my 690G-S3H board).

My semi humble opinion

Comment

Working...
      X