Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced

Hello Everyone,

I have a X48 DS4 which I'd like to use this software with, since it allows you to overclock.

My dilemma, just spoke with tech support over at Gigabyte, where I specifically asked if the *advanced* version is compatible with this board.

To which he answered *yes.*

Installed the latest version,(DESA) and it's a no go,(imagine that) the error tells me I need the latest bios. According to their site, the only bios release was March 21.

Now I'm left to wonder if there is another beta bios out there that supports this function. If anyone has any info, give me a holler.

Thanks

Re: Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced

Flash with Care in Qflash using a floppy or USB or place file in FAT32 Partition, NOT in WINDOWS W/ @BIOS

As you know, Flash is dangerous always use at your own risk and DO NOT Shut off the PC while it is working.

Having said all of that, and I hope you already knew.... Here is F2a (Said to fix the S3 bug and a few other things) >>>

Not sure if that will allow you to use the advanced version, as All I see supported is P45's

But I can say that whether it "Allows" for overclocking or not with DES and EIST + C1E enabled I wont believe it works very well until I see some reviews and proof that it works. So you may just be wasting your time anyway

Also, you must fully remove the old version and reboot before you install the new version. So if you did not do that when you installed it, best to uninstall it and reboot and install again

Comment

Thanks Lsd,

I've been using F2a and I always use a mem stick with Qflash.

I saw that it was for P45's, but I thought I'd check with Gigabyte since the two programs appear to be so closely related.Since they told me it was compatible I took their word for it.

It actually does allow for overclocking, Fugger used it during the most recent Gigabyte OC contest.

I sure thought there would be a beta bios out there to allow for the functionality on this board, but maybe their keeping it proprietary for the P45's.

Guess this would be a good question for Janus.

Thanks again.

Comment

Ohh yeah, I had not seen Fuggers thread about all that. That is where I found the link for F2a though

This user is also waiting on a BIOS to use it as well, so it may be going to work just not yet >>>

I will test it on my board right now and see if my BIOS F12 supports it, just to see

Comment

Well, no luck

I thought it was going to work. At 4.05GHz it told me I needed to Enable C1E and EIST, which of course I was not going to mess with. So I went to a 3.6 profile I had and enabled them and rebooted only to see the same message as if I had not enabled them. So I loaded up a default Profile and enabled them and then I finally got the same message as you, BIOS update needed!

So either they have to roll out P35/X38/48 BIOS's to support it, or it is only going to be a P45+ program and the support team is just telling you what you want to hear (Or not want to hear really). Just to make you think you must wait for a BIOS update.

I dont work with them so I am not sure of their plans at all on anything, so if you call them and get any further answers I'd be glad to hear it so I could let others know who ask

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for you effort Lsd, maybe Janus will be kind enough to hop in here and confirm or deny whether or not it can be used with a bios update.

Comment

Hope so, wish Janus was here more myself for sure. As their is many things I often cant offer the best knowledge with

Comment

Working...
              X