Will Gigabyte have cool 4850?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Gigabyte have cool 4850?

Will Gigabyte be coming out with a HD 4850 video card with enhanced cooling anytime soon?

Please say yes.

Re: Will Gigabyte have cool 4850?

Sapphire is what I love!!!

I know, there is plenty of HATERS of that company, but not me for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Sapphire is what I love!!!

I know, there is plenty of HATERS of that company, but not me for sure
      Well, I hope Sapphire comes out with a card with decent cooling then. I do not feel comfortable trying to install an aftermarket cooler and I do not feel that buyers should have to do this anyway.

Why do AMD and Nvidia not have better cooling in their reference design cards in the first place? It would help their sales right off the block when they are introduced.

PS. I also wonder why no other companies have as good of warranty as EVGA.

Comment

Well there is always RivaTuner and ATItool to turn fan speeds up, which is what I do needed or not

BFG has a Great one like EVGA, some say even better.

Comment

Hey guys theres nothing wrong with the cooler when you adjust it.

The problem is the fan is set for quietness?? but you can edit your VGA bios and adjust the ramp and it cools well.

Before i tweaked it i had 50 degrees idle and 75-80 ish load but after i have 45 idle and 55 ish load., that with the fan at about 50% and its still silent. From 55% and higher you can really hear it.

Anyhow ye you can use riva tuner to set it to 50% or you can edit the bios with RBE (Radeon Bios Editor) and reflash with Winflash or floppy.

In the bios editor you can adjust the Tmin (to 43) and Tmax (to 76) so the fan comes on earlier and faster. I have the 3870 but the fan and fan bios settings is the same and it works well.

While i had the bios open also you can adjust your clocks and eleminate 3D lower power mode and 2D power mode. I made it so all modes are the same clocks/voltage except high 3D power mode where it kicks up to a higher speed.

Radeon cards have about 5 power modes)

Anyhow if anyone need better instructions let me know, the bios files, RBE, and flashing tools can be found at "techpowerup" website. techPowerUp! - The latest in hardware and gaming

If you do it make sure you have the correct bios for your brand of card and its important to uninstall the graphics drivers/CCC BEFORE you flash it.

Comment

Just saw pictures of both a Power Color and a Sapphire 4850 cards with better cooling. I imagine it is just a matter of waiting till Newegg has them in stock.

HD 4850 sparks AIB creativity :: TweakTown

PowerColor boosts the HD 4850 with 2GB GDDR3 :: TweakTown

Perhaps a mod could make these working links.

Is there an Australian equivalent to Newegg?

Comment

Those links are working for me

If they are not the actual links you wanted them to be, then please repost them inside code tags >>>
              Code:
              url here
              These if you are unsure >>>
              [*code*][*/code*] << Url inside, without the *****'s
              Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-12-2008, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X