Motherboard pci-e issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard pci-e issue

Well I just got a new 4870 for my computer. The problem is for some reason it is running @1x instead of 16X and I don't know why the card is in the correct spot. Is there any way of increase the video cards speed from 1x to 16x?

system specs
    Intel Xeon X3360 @2.83GHZ
    G.Skill 2 x2gb sticks @ 533mhz PC2 8500
    800 watt OCZ Elite X Stream
    ATI Sapphire 4870
    Gigabyte-X48-DQ6, Thermalright-ultra 120 extreme, Aero extreme turbine fan
    150GB SATA western digital raptor, 750GB SATA western digitial hd
    windows vista home premium 64-bit

Re: Motherboard pci-e issue

Try raising the PCIe speed to 102-105MHz.

Comment

Which slot are you using? Try the other one, maybe works.

Comment

First off why are you running your 8500 Ram at 533?????

Ok, onto what you need fixed. Have you tried adding +0.1 or more to PCIE Voltage control? Do you have External USB hard drive? If not disable Legacy USB storage Detect as this often causes many issues. Do you have the correct Init First Display chosen in the Advanced BIOS section....... PEG and not PEG2 (Second Slot)

Also be sure you installed the latest Intel Inf Installer package, and if you have not installed this please do so and reboot and check to see if it is fixed before trying the below suggestion >>>
        Confirm Download

Another thing I have seen people get to fix this 1x or 4x or 8x issue is to shut down, put the card into the second slot. Boot into windows and see in GPU-z It should then be running at 16x if so, then shut down and put the card back into slot one and reboot and see if it is fixed then.

If no luck, and you have other PCI cards installed then manually give them a IRQ in the PCI section of the BIOS. Also, you should remove any other cards as well if this does not work, and see if that fixes it

Ahhh

Ya beat me to It I see >>>
        4870 Problem - techPowerUp! Forums

Glad you got it figured out

Comment

Working...
        X