• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte EP35C DS3R AHCI problems

Good luck, and Ill see you then

Comment

Do you know of any new BIOS except the f3e one?

Comment

F3b is all I see, and that one

Comment

Well it seems like i was wrong, the problem wasn`t solved. I emailed the store where i got it from but no response so far, i guess i`l have to wait untill monday i think there`s nothing else to blame except the hdd.

Comment

Ya, that is kinda what I was thinking. Sometimes firmware just is broke, as is certain aspects of a HD no matter what you do.

Get a Seagate I say!!!

Never tested the other PSU then eh? Can you maybe go to a friends and bring your system and test his PSU with it to be sure it isnt the PSU? Although I do not see many issues such as this caused by a PSU, you never know stranger things have happened. But I would most likely think it is a actual Drive issue
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-11-2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Seems like a known issue, I see a few places where people suggest IDE mode only for these drives

Comment

Well it seems like IDE or not it`s the same issue. I can`t get a PSU from any of my friends because they have older systems with PSU like my old one and frankly i`m afraid to put that oldie in my system. I`ll wait till monday and see what they have to say it seems like my hdd has a bad firmware.I saw a few guys complaining about the drivers used. Those from intel gave them slower speeds than the ones from the motherboards`s site.

Comment

Those drivers from Intel and Gigabyte site are one in the same, both sites may have different versions at the time is all but they are both indeed straight from Intel.

I often see GA site is behind or ahead (?) of Intel with the Intel Inf Installer package, so I assume SATA drivers versions would likely differ at both in the same manner, but they are both Intel made and GA does nothing to them except re-host them

Comment

I guess you`re right, i`ll talk to the guys where i bought it from and see if they`ll take it back run some tests burn it and give me a brand new and better one if not i`ll sell it lose some money and buy a brand new better one and that`s that.

Comment

It`s going to be sold today, thanks for your help and everything.

Comment

Yeap, anytime. Good luck on the sale and Do your PC a favor and buy a seagate.... Or 2 x 250GB seagates and do RAID on your GA ports $55 each

Comment

Well 55$ there results in 80$ a piece here, i`m waiting for the guy that said he`s going to buy it to call me if he will. I received an email from the store i bought it, they told me to check it with WDLG from the wdc site, i emailed them back and told them i did and the problem is still there, if i won`t sell it today or tomorrow i`ll have to send it for RMA to them.

Comment

Ahh well I guess having someone in the US buy and send to you would end up costing the same wouldn't it? Well you could likely find a worldwide shipper on ebay for around 60-70 so may be worth a look to you if prices are high buying there

How much did you pay for that drive?

Comment

For the 6400aaks a it over 120$, the problem with buying from the us is the warranty. I`d have to send the product back to them and that costs me time and money which is bad. Anyway could you tell me how set the jumpers on this drive to make it work on SATA1?

Comment

Yeah, I hear that. Just buy something cheaper off ebay and not worry about a Warranty

I dunno, why would you want to do that anyway? Is it not marked on the disk?

Ahh, here ya go.... Last setting >>>

Comment

Working...
                                X