Failed Memtest with DSL3 and Crucial Ballistix 800Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Failed Memtest with DSL3 and Crucial Ballistix 800Mhz

It very well could be damaged sticks, Crucial die often, and like I said do have compatability issues. So it could be either or, or both.

Do you have another system to test them on? IS the errors always on the same bit? Is your Northbridge to hot to touch after a test run or two, with your finger for more then 10 seconds? If so, you may just need a fan on it

Try this and see how it goes if you got the time >>>

5-5-5-15

MCH latch 333

tRRD...........................................4
    tWTR..........................................12
    tWR............................................14
    tRFC...........................................52
    tRTP...........................................6

Those are very loose, and should run error free. Provided the NB is not oevrheating, voltages are enough (Which it looks like), or the ram is not dying.

If that errors, one of the above mentioned things it the issue, NB heat, Incompatibility, or dying ram

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      It very well could be damaged sticks, Crucial die often, and like I said do have compatability issues. So it could be either or, or both.

Do you have another system to test them on? IS the errors always on the same bit? Is your Northbridge to hot to touch after a test run or two, with your finger for more then 10 seconds? If so, you may just need a fan on it

Try this and see how it goes if you got the time >>>

5-5-5-15

MCH latch 333

tRRD...........................................4
      tWTR..........................................12
      tWR............................................14
      tRFC...........................................52
      tRTP...........................................6

Those are very loose, and should run error free. Provided the NB is not oevrheating, voltages are enough (Which it looks like), or the ram is not dying.

If that errors, one of the above mentioned things it the issue, NB heat, Incompatibility, or dying ram
      Thats exactly what I wanted to try! Ran with these settings for about five hours and the screen was completely filled with errors! That being the case I'm not even sure if it was actually still running (I was still getting a display but the system may have been hung up) because I immediately reset the system to try to get back into the bios, but as I was opening the case to check out the northbridge the system went into a continuous reboot cycle and wouldn't post. North bridge didn't feel too warm at all but like I said the system may have possibly not been running for a while. Shut everything off for 3-5 min or so and still no post, so I pulled the Crucials and threw in the new GSkills and it posted, I adjusted bios and ran memtest for about 45 min with no errors. The Crucials were still warmer than room temp after that 3-5 minute wait, so I may have cooked em here lol. I almost can't even justify trying to get rid of em for what I paid, and I hear Crucial is currently doing RMAs on the old style 2.2v sticks for redesigned 2.0v versions. Gonna fool around a bit more to see if perhaps just one stick is bad and try to maybe get the other to test stable, if not will try to get them switched out. Thanks for all the support!

Comment

Ahh, well at least you now have compatible ram!

Ya they are RMA'n the new ones out, but if you want I hear you can call in and directly ask for the older type if you want. I have seen a few users say they got told no problem, and received the older type as requested.

But if you ebay the RMA new set they give you, then either would likely be fine. But if you sell online at a site, like a overclocking site most users would want the double sided ones

Post back with some results, Hope you have better luck now!

Comment

Working...
        X