• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X38-DQ6 Not posting

My system specs

800w Tagan PSU
    Quad 6600
    7800 GTX graphics card

Originally I had 2x1gb sticks of Corsair Dominator ram, but this was not enough for my needs so I purchased 2x2gb sticks of the same type of ram (same speeds)

With the 2x2gig sticks in slots 1,3 and the 2x1gb sticks in slots 2,4 I booted into Windows Vista 64bit, which detected the ram fine. After the next reboot vista encountered errors which indicated it was a memory problem. I memtested all the sticks and there were no errors. I saw that there was a bios update that might solve this problem version F8 and proceeded to q-flash it from my usb stick. The process had no errors and told me it had completed successfully.

Since then I have not been able to get my computer to boot correctly, (this is with 1x1gb stick installed) it would hang on the bios splash screen and the lights on my usb keyboard would go out. Now when I turn on the motherboard powers up for a few seconds then powers down. At no point now is there any output from the graphics card.

I have attempted to wipe the bios but this has had no effect. I have checked to see if there is anything shorting the motherboard and even swapped over the psu.

Many thanks for your help

Re: GA-X38-DQ6 Not posting

Sounds like the flash went bad despite what it told you. Can you unplug the PSU from the wall, put a hard drive or optical Jumper on the Clear CMOS pins and let it set for about 20 minutes or so. Then remove the jumper and plug the PSU back into the wall put in only one stick of ram, either one would be ok but better would be the 1GB stick. Then fire the system back up and see if it lets you into the BIOS or not. If it does, then load and apply optimized defaults and save/reboot then go back into the BIOS after you reboot and make your changes

If not, you can try this... IF you have a floppy >>>
    Award 6.0 BIOS - BootBlock Recovery

If not, the only thing you can do it either let it keep cycling and see if it eventually loads the BIOS, or you will have to RMA the board due to a bad boot block
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-04-2008, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X