Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcard not detected on new P35-DS3P

Hi all

New to the forum and I've got a problem (...go me! heh)

I've just installed my new Gigabyte P35-DS3P motherboard, which seemed to be working aok, except for one thing

I've got a Creative labs Fata1ity sound card, but for some reason it's not being picked up by Windows Vista
    The card is definatly seated properly, as the red light is on
    I've tried using the 2nd PCI slot, but that had no effect either
    It WAS working on my Athlon FX55 machine, but since switching to this new board, it's not being found?

I updated the bios to the latest copy (F10) and reset the bios to optimal defaults
    I then disabled the on board sound, but still nada.

any suggestions?

Re: Soundcard not detected on new P35-DS3P

Have you uninstalled the Microsoft UUA driver in safe mode, and then installed the Drivers for your card? If not please try that

Comment

Before I do, quick question for ya

I booted up a spare harddrive and installed XP home from scratch, that to, didn't detect the sound card, where as on my older motherboard, it always did
      It usually showed up as Unknow multimedia device (Or words to that effect), just as Vista would show something similiar.

Comment

Ok I seem to have fixed it
        I was curious as to whether something was conflicting with the PCI slots, or the card in paticular, I think I was right
        I went into the bios and changed the PCI Slot IRQ from Auto to 5 and the card appeared when the PC booted up
        Figures, heh

Comment

Hey, good find! I thought about that but didnt mention it because normally AUTO is ok to use, good thinking on your part!

Glad to see you got it fixed up!

Comment

Working...
          X