CIA2 on the GA-X48T-DQ6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIA2 on the GA-X48T-DQ6

Firstly thank you Lsdmeasap, after reading your various contributions and my other research, someone new to overclocking like myself has been able to reach satisfactory results.

I have finally managed to get CIA2 to dynamically overclock to just under 3.7Ghz, I wound it back from 4.2Ghz because I found that unless I was rendering something, no way could I load all 4 cores to 100% so I thought I'd use the energy saving features and preserve the life of my system (possibly).

My enquiry is about loading the cores. I have played with the power setting under vista as well as having eist etc enabled in bios.

Is there anyway I can get at least 80%+ load on all 4 cores before the core speed and fsb go up?

All replies are appreciated.

Re: CIA2 on the GA-X48T-DQ6

Did you see this in Vista? Maybe if you set minimum to 80% (2Ghz) >>>

I have not tested it, and not sure if it will work with CIA2 but I do think it is the control for speedstep (EIST + C1E) if you wanted to try that instead, or if you are using it with CIA2

If you have already played with that, the only other thing I know that works is The DES software you can set things such as that. Have you installed and played with that in combination with what you are doing? If not, here is the page to get it and see if it can help you. >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Utility - GA-X48T-DQ6

I have not played with it for a while So I am not sure what settings it has, but I do know you will want to install it with your overclock finalized as it will not run if you set things any higher after the install

Comment

Thanks for the very prompt reply.

I did adjust the power savings schemes/plans in Vista quite extensively and really found no benefit with regard to loading all 4 cores to anywhere near 80% prior to upping the core speed.

I have the DES module loaded and with CIA2 was unable to get it working but thanks to the link you provided found the DES Advanced info page:

-- GIGABYTE -- Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced - Ultra Durable 2 Motherboards

From there it became obvious why I couldn't get DES to work as only DES Advanced supports overclocking, however unfortunetly in my circumstance will not work with the F4 version of my BIOS. I am not sure I want to flash a beta quite yet and will wait for compatibility information when F5 gets out of beta testing.

Thank you once again and for your official contribution to this forum.

Comment

Ahh, well news to me that they even made the advanced version!! I still did not find where to download it, did you?

Ya, best to wait on a NON beta BIOS

Comment

The download link for DES advanced is in the utilities section:

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Utility

Hopefully this will enable overclocking parameters people can live with everyday and cut down energy consumption.

I did read Intels whitepaper regarding EIST but unfortunetly wasn't able to find out why/how the core speed increases prior to capacity.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks, I thought it was on one of sections of the page you linked. I dont want it, just wanted to see the link as I had not seen the new advanced version.

Ya, Intel does not want to let anyone know anything about it really. And I think the feature you asked to change is set in some hidden spot on the BIOS or in the chipset registers (Which you can edit, but I haven't a clue about and am so clueless that may have nothing even to do with it either HAHA ) >>>

Comment

Thanks Lsdmeasap I did try and find out more information on Bar Edit:

Tweakers.fr

and I did download it, but errrm have no idea what to do next lol.

I might leave that for now but I noticed in the another thread you giving some optimised settings for RAM in BIOS.

I was wondering if you might be kind enough to submit something for my corsair CM3X2048-1333C9DHX 2X2Gb modules?

Thanks again.

Comment

Ya, it may not even have anything to do with it at all!

Yeah, Hmmm I can give you some settings, but I need to know you full specs, and what you are running your CPU and ram freq at now. >>>

Just a template I use to ask people there settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours, if anything is missing or extra add it in or leave it out.

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
                CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
                CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [102]
                C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
                DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
                Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?