cooling E8400 on EX38-DS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling E8400 on EX38-DS4

Quick question: If you had your choice of using a Nautilus 500 or a Coolit Eliminator to cool an E8400 on an EX38-DS4 which would you use. I unfortunatly am stuck with this delimma and keep going back and forth on which one to use (am rebuilding several systems so I can use either cooler for my main system). I have read so many reviews of each that I am loosing hair at the rate of 8400 strands an hour. Almost forgot to say that I am changing the memory from Coursair Balistix Tracer to a set of Mushkin 2x2Gig.
    Thanks for your help with this obviously hard question! .......... LOL

Re: cooling E8400 on EX38-DS4

Honestly, If it were me I would buy my own separate parts and build a better Water system. It will cost more likely but is better in the long run. If you have the cash and need some more info on how to go about building your own much better water cooling system let me know and I will post you some forums to check out

As for your question getting answered by me, really I have seen both of them tested and shown to be utterly a waste of your hard earned money

Comment

One question relating with cooling the EX38-DS4, does anybody know if Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme fits with Mushkin Redline 1000Mhz-memory(2x2Gb), I had a little issue fitting my Corsair memory and Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, and those Mushkins seem to have larger heatspreaders, than my current Corsair does.

By the way Lsdmeasap, your advice is greatly appriciated, so can you recommend me perhaps, which setup would be optimal; would the Mushkin 2x2Gb XP6400 800Mhz (4-4-4-12) be alright for 2,8-3Ghz CPU overclock and or would the Redline be overkill? I, myself want to have a good stable problem free setup, which includes a lot of sustained CPU use, and I wanto have those audio latencies a low as possible.
      GA-EX38-DS4 V1.0 BIOS F6c
      Q9300
      Mushkin
      Gigabyte 8600GTS
      Corsair HX-520W
      Samsung SH-203D Burner
      Windows XpSp3

Comment

Well, the XP's are awesome, if you dont plan on using 1:1 and a 500FSB anytime soon the redlines would be overkill. They will downclock to about the same as the XP sets though. Some of those XP sets will even do 433-10 with some tweaking.

Well man, the Ultra is normally mounted vertically, not horizontally with a fan on either side so the ram would not be a issue at all.

Like this >>> | < Case Wall > Fan | Ultra120 | Fan > RAM |||| > Front of case > |

Here is a few images so you get that better as I didn't think the example was so great. >>>

What you will HAVE TO measure is if it will fit inside your case with the side window on or not

Comment

Working...
        X