Very strange behaviour after changing PC case and PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very strange behaviour after changing PC case and PSU

Good news! Giagbyte released the Official Bios F4 final today. And I grew a pair of cojones and flashed it :) DPC Latency spikes are now in the past, its 99% gone.
    One odd thing though is that GA provided a different flash util with their new Bios, now they provide flashspi.exe instead of flash895.exe which was a combo-flash-util for both ami and award. Anyway I flashed in DOS with that util, no cmos errors or anything :)

Comment

Ya, I ALWAYS use a "uninstal" program to uninstall ANYTHING I uninstall from my pc, normal uninstallers ALWAYS leave junk behind in folder, registry, ect. Nice to see you found the issue there!

Redlines, Hmmm you may need 1.25 or 1.5 for 2x2GB, but maybe not only testing will let you know for sure. Some of those get up to 1000 at just over 2.0V so you may even be able to lower your ram voltages. You may also even be able to run 4-5-5-12 at that speed. Yeah, always best to adjust subtimings since you pay $100+ for your ram, you wouldn't want it moving along slower then it actually can easily run do ya!

So did you use the normal BIOS or a special one?

Glad to hear back from you, I thought maybe you flashed and something bad happened!

Comment

• Last edited by LaZ; 07-19-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Well.... I meant did you mod the new one? It is easy to do yourself, didnt I link you up?

Ya, I will post ya some timings let me know when you get the rams.

Yeah, if and when you flash the BIOS and load and save optimized defaults then all settings you previously used will be gone. After that you can again make as many profiles as you like. Better check over those numbers, sounds like you either did not set them again, or you did not load optimized defaults which would erase your previous ones.

And yes you may need to tweak things a little more again anyway, might as well wait on your new ram to get to ya

Comment

• Last edited by LaZ; 07-20-2008, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, If you want PM me the link about that file and I will see if maybe the download is corrupt for me. Ya, I dont think downloading should cause a error unless something is wrong with the file/site, or it has a virus in it or something possibly. Lemme test it out

Ahh, ya may and ya may not need more MCH. Just depends on where you end up, maybe .125

Comment

• Last edited by LaZ; 07-21-2008, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Ahh! Sounds like my luck

What did you get them sent Cash on Delivery?

Comment

I ordered them by mail. they arrived by mail like a week ago. I got to go to the postoffice and pay the bill and they give me my package upfront. Dunno what that kinda service is called in the states. Maybe thats what u call cash on delivery....
                    Last edited by LaZ; 07-21-2008, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Where did you go?

I am up and running with the redlines now. So far so good, they are very fast :) Running cpu at 3.6GHz now @ 1.30V. Havent tested fully yet with Orthos though. Gonna do a long test today.

Comment

Ahh had some satellite issues

how's it going nowadays?

Comment

• Comment

Yeap all is well here again finally. So what's the bandwidth look like on your new ram?

Comment

• Comment

Cool, I just wondered as I had often been stuck trying to pick between them and the Black sets

Comment

Working...
                                X