Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DS5 out of order after installation of CrossfireX

Dear Lsdmeasap,

This week guys from service should give me my mainboard back (they are so f****n slow!). They’ve decided not to return money but to give me new a board.

One interesting question emerged: today I wanted to check with CPUID 1.46 whether my board is EX38-DS5 or X38-DS5 (because for this CrossfireX PC I’ve bought the same board as is installed on my PC now).

CPUID said that X38-DQ6 is installed!!! I launched dxdiag – computer model was DS5.

EX38 wasn’t mentioned. Of course, if this X38 board is not a EX board it will not support CrossfireX.

Maybe it’s because EX38 is somehow similar to X38-DQ6? :-)

Here are the results http://www.upload2world.com/pic94/up...orld_b931c.jpg

Comment

Post a new link that one dont work for me. So, sounds like they gave you a Dq6, is that what you are saying?

If so that is cool

Comment

No, I mean that Windows XP SP3 can’t identify my mainboard exactly :-) There is no such “problem” under Vista. If it was DQ6 it would not be so good because this one doesn’t supports CrossfireX.

I’ve finally bought CoolerMaster Cosmos S1100 case. This one has an amazing cooling! I have my board back (EX38-DS5), installed one videocard and I’m about to install the second one :-)

Comment

Good luck, Post back and let me know how it goes.

Ya, that is likely just a XP related error

Comment

Hi there!

Everything is well with this PC. I guess that the previous board was defective. The final configuration is the following:

GA-EX38-DS5, Core 2 Duo E8400, Kingston HyperX 4GB 1066Mhz, 2xWD750GB, Thermaltake 1000W PSU, LG GGW-H20 Super Multi Blue in CoolerMaster Cosmos S1100 Case.

The system is still working fine and I hope there will be no more problems.

Comment

Good to hear you are up and running smoothly now!

Comment

Working...
              X