ex38-ds4 temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex38-ds4 temps

I have to admit that the last Gigabyte motherboard I used supported an AMD Athlon 2500+, so we know how long ago that was (and it is still running just fine). However, this is about the GA-EX38-DS4 motherboard. I have seen some people talking about needing better cooling on the northbridge motherboard chipset when they overclock. I haven't put the board in my system yet, but this might help. I'll have to let you know once I get this installed and fired up. I took the fan off a TT Exteme Spirit II, and with a bit of bending on the fan supports managed to fit it to the heatpipe heatsink that comes installed on the board. This will be used with an Intel E8400 CPU, 2x2gig Crucial Balistix Tracer DDR2-800 memory sticks (4gig total). Two DVD burners (PATA) and two HDD (SATA) (one a Raptor). The CPU cooling will be handled by a Nautilus 500 watercooling system. Can only upload one pic of this but I have a few more if anyone wants to see them.
    Attached Files

Re: ex38-ds4 temps

I used a TT Extreme Spirit on my P965, worked great!

As for what you did, WOW You could have just sold that TT and bought a 40MM fan for 3.99 to put on there. Overall though, if you dont mind the money wasted that is a good mod of your TT Extreme Spirit.

And yeah, I think that will help, as would removing the whole pipe arrangement and redoing the thermal paste

If you run into issues this is why >>>>
    NOTICE: X38/X48 Ballistix Tracers Compatibility Dropped
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-21-2008, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X