Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS this normal

[/B][B] the core 0 and 1 in pcwizard..
    why isit so hot.. when i touch the HSF quite cold oso..but the northbridge quite hot...

1st) isit ok to OC?...
    2nd)I intent to Oc with 400 buss speed x 7 multiplier..Do i have to play it the increase way or just shoot it up and see what happens?
    3rd) the ram i use.. The chipset, i google and it seems that " Wintec AmpX DDR2 800 Cas5" is using the same chipset.. isit good for Oc?..
    4rd) should i remain 800mhz with tighter latency for the ram or higher frequency?
    Last edited by decarusz; 06-20-2008, 10:17 PM.

Re: IS this normal

Poorly seated heatsink and or too much thermal paste.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Yes, or crappy cooler. Also, you are aware of some 45nm cpu's have stuck sensors right?

Either way, you should calibrate and use RealTemp to be sure what you temps are, because I think they are even higher then you think because TJmax is 95 on 45nm cpu's. Here is the calibration (Please do calibrate or you will not get proper temps) and download page >>>
      Real Temp - Documentation And Calibration
      Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

Comment

Stock cooling.. i now surfing and hearing songs.. temp are 43 to 44.. is this normal?... using
        " Real Temp " Tj max 95...
        so I did something wrong while installing the HSF? How?.. open back , replace some thermal paste and put back?

Comment

Na, we just meant stock heatsinks are terrible. Since you are using stock did you add paste? If so, then ya you need to redo things because the Intel stock HSF already has paste on there, so now you would have WAY to much

Temps are high kinda for idle, but I cannot say for sure as I have never used a stock heatsink for years. I do know the new 45nm ones are only half the older 65 conroe ones with no copper, so if you have a old core 2 duo heatsink from a 65NM cpu that would be far better to use with your new one

Comment

Yeah.. the HSF is like half the length...weird...small and cute..lol But its 45nm, shouldn't it be cooler then those 65nm?.. I do have Old 95nm HSF(pentium d 805) should i replace it with my old 1? ...I didnt add any extra paste.. Everything on stock...

Comment

Ya, they should be cooler, but those fans who knows. Hmm I bet the Pentium D fan would be much better, and is has a copper center too!!

Just be sure to add a small pea sized amount of paste and let the HSF spread it out when you push it in, or do the small line method. Either will be fine, just keep in mind to much will be a insulator and make things hotter then they should be

Comment

Working...
              X