Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 and Corsair TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN

Hello everyone...

I am about to put together a brand new high-end system and wanted to make absolutely sure the Corsair TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN (2 x 2GB) memory kit I chose will work perfectly with my Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 motherboard. I've recently read on some boards that this mobo has had some compatibility issues with memory.

I used the so-called Corsair "Memory Configurator" utility on the Corsair website and it does list compatibility with the GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo for the following memory:

TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX DDR3-1600 (DHX3-12800C7) 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB) 1.9v 7-7-7-20-2T

(The Memory Configurator does not specifically list support for the TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN, but the motherboard manufacturer does specifically state support for the Intel XMP standard for the GA-X48T-DQ6.)

NOW MY QUESTION: Has anyone actually gotten the memory and mobo to work and, if so, can someone please tell me the exact recommended voltage and latency settings I should be specifying for the memory?

Please note that I am installing the Intel QX97770 processor in the new system and, therefore, will have access to the full 1600 MHz FSB. Lastly note that I am NOT interested in overclocking the memory or CPU; I just want the most stable settings possible.

Thank you very much in advance...

JC

Re: Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 and Corsair TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN

+10 char
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008, 01:52 AM.

Comment

This RAM works perfectly fine with the Intel X48 motherboard, which is a lower end board. I purchased the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 because it is clearly a higher end board.

JC

Comment

+!0 char

Comment

I have a thread on this forum reporting I have a GA-X48-DQ6 running two Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF 4GB kits (8GB memory) running rock solid and stable at 1066. It's been 0ver a week now and I haven't had a hint of instabllity with this system.

My memery version is 1.1 and the same goes or my motherboard Rev. 1.1. I also have a E8500 running at 3.6Ghz.

Here are the MB settings I can rememebr (I'm at work and can't check all of them):

CPU Multiplier 9X
          CPU .5 Multiplier disabled
          FSB 400
          Memory (clock or multpilier? can't remember how this is labeled excatly) but it set so the memory is running at 1066
          DDR2 Over voltage .3
          PCI-E over voltage standard
          MCH over voltage .05
          FSB over voltage .05
          CPU overvoltage 1.3125

This is from my memory I know the numbers are correct, I just don't remembr how the settings are described excatly ont he MB. I'm sure my decription is close enouh for you to figure it out.

EDIT: DAM I just noticed your using the (T) motherboard which runs DDR3 and I'm using the DDR2 version of this board. Sorry this info is probably not usefull to you.
          Last edited by Maxila; 06-11-2008, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Recommendations from Gigabyte on this board:

i know the post is late but it could still help ppl coming across this in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jcorbin View Post
              I am about to put together a brand new high-end system and wanted to make absolutely sure the Corsair TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN (2 x 2GB) memory kit I chose will work perfectly with my Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 motherboard. I've recently read on some boards that this mobo has had some compatibility issues with memory.

I used the so-called Corsair "Memory Configurator" utility on the Corsair website and it does list compatibility with the GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo for the following memory:

TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX DDR3-1600 (DHX3-12800C7) 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB) 1.9v 7-7-7-20-2T

(The Memory Configurator does not specifically list support for the TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN, but the motherboard manufacturer does specifically state support for the Intel XMP standard for the GA-X48T-DQ6.)

NOW MY QUESTION: Has anyone actually gotten the memory and mobo to work and, if so, can someone please tell me the exact recommended voltage and latency settings I should be specifying for the memory?
              So, did you get this info from anyone yet? How did it turn out?

Comment

What are you trying to find out exactly maybe I can help

Comment

I know this post is old, but I have the exact same issue as the OP. I've had this same Gigabyte X48 Board for over a year a now with the same Corsair 4GB set. I was using a Q9550 and assumed this kept me from achieving 1600Mhz on the memory since the CPU couldn't go that high without errors. So when I purchased a QX9770 on the cheap a few days ago I was surprised to find the CPU pushing 1600Mhz FSB no problem but this memory supposedly rated at that speed would post errors in Memtestx86 at that speed. With the bus set to 1600 and the memory left to Auto 1333 it works fine. This makes me think it has to be the memory, memory controller or settings. I've tried various MCH strappings and adjusted the voltage to recommended values set by corsair (+0.40 to DDR3 to get the req. 1.9 on this board, scary putting that in the pink!) But just can't get it to work, it's been a huge disappointment. So if anyone has any suggestion or knowledge on this combo, it would be most appreciated.

Comment

I believe this kit may not be fully compatible with this board.

This is my personal opinion though, and I was asked to remove my previous comments above on such so I did, but I still feel this is the case.

If you would like me to try and help you with settings I can, give me the ones you are trying in a template from my signature and we'll see if we can get it going.

Are you using the latest BIOS? Can you borrow different memory, or afford a different set (Just wondering)?

Comment

Closest template to my board, changed and removed what settings were incorrect such as DDR2 and C2/C4 State Support. Just to recap, the QX9770 works fine at this multiplier/FSB, RAM does too as long as I leave it to it's AUTO setting of 1333, if I change that posts errors in memtest or doesn't boot at all.

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Turbo]
                      CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
                      Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
                      CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                      CPU Frequency____________[3.41Ghz(402x8.5)]
                      CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [402]
                      PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
                      C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                      System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [Auto] works with 1333, I think I want 4.00D/B/C to get 1600 but it posts errors in memtest. Oddly enough 4.00A never boots with this combo. To be clear, I've never gotten any of these settings to work right unless it underclocks the memory. Underneath this SPD selection is two frequencies shown, the left column always shows 1333 as that's the AUTO setting and I believe the right shows the actual frequency, unsure on that get back to me because I realized with my 402 FSB it's showing 1340Mhz here, not in memtest of course(shows DDR1198), and it's stable.
                      DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]
                      Memory is rated for 7-7-7-20 1600Mhz Intel XMP, 7-7-7-20 works fine at 1333, have tried relaxed settings though which I'll put below.
                      CAS Latency Time________________ 9
                      Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 9 These are the Auto settings BTW, I keep it at 77720 for now try these when doing 1600
                      Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______9
                      Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 24

I've never changed any of these settings past the defaults as I have no clue about them.
                      ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 4
                      Rank Write to READ Delay________ 5
                      Write to Precharge Delay_________ 10
                      Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 60 These are all the Default/Auto values
                      Read to Precharge Delay__________5
                      Static tRead Value_______________8
                      Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] = 0
                      CMD Rate__________ 2T (only thing I changed, Auto sets it to 1T and this RAM calls for 2T)

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
                      CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
                      GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                      DDR3 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.40V] to achieve 1.9V the req. voltage for this set
                      PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
                      FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.25V]
                      (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.050V]
                      CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25625]
                      Auto vCore was 1.28750

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                      No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
                      CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                      CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Disabled]
                      CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                      Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
                      Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled]

Now I could buy new memory or maybe a new motherboard, I know that would be the reasonable next step to rule out where the issue lies. If in fact there is no resolution available in the settings that's what I'll have to do. But this discontinued memory set was awfully expensive when I got it, first high end build I wanted something that would last. So I'd really like to make this work or at least find some clue as to the true issue:
                      1) Compatibility between this memory and board, i.e. any other memory that is compatible I throw in there and it works. (wouldn't be too bad as DDR12800 goes for a lot less these days and faster timings)

2) Memory or Memory SPD chip suck and thus will not post 1600 Mhz in any board.

3) Motherboard or Memory Controller/NB/SB/that lil' piece of solder that makes up the holy grail of 775 technology Intel hid away somewhere. . is fried and this mobo won't work with ANY 1600Mhz memory.

So ya see, before I dig my money pit a little bit deeper, I'd like to try and find out which is the culprit as I know I'm stuck with this memory it'd be nice to put it in a new board if it turns out to be compatibility or vise versa, set this board up with nice 1333Mhz memory. . just need to know which. And before you ask, no unfortunately I don't have another DDR3 board lying around, everything else is DDR2 or ancient-er. So if you have any tips they would be greatly appreciated, if not this system just got more expensive :(

EDIT: Reading around I had a duh moment and forgot that I never included my BIOS version, it's F6C btw. Which when I checked the site is no longer available for download, I guess I missed F6D, I see it's a Beta BIOS. Should I try it and see if I get a positive result?
                      Last edited by Lolokio; 05-30-2010, 07:11 PM. Reason: Wrote down BIOS settings to remove guesswork

Comment

/bump

Comment

Well you could RMA it, since they don't make it anymore maybe the replacement they send you would work better with this board? Just a thought

I would obtain (However) different memory (Brand or model, more towards the former) before thinking about buying a new board.

I can say though Quad and 1600Mhz is going to be very hot on the NB, so please add a fan if you can and if you feel up to replace the stock paste with new non conductive paste.

Yes, if your BIOS version is pulled there was a good reason for that, please update to the latest using Qflash before trying my suggestions below.

See if these help any
                          Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Turbo] << Standard/Auto or Fast for now, just to be sure this is not causing issue
                          CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
                          Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
                          CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                          CPU Frequency____________[3.41Ghz(402x8.5)]
                          CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [402]
                          PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100] << Try 101-103 later, just in case it helps as it sometimes can
                          C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                          System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [Auto] << you want 4.00 B or D here, D should be easier on the NB/memory
                          DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]
                          Memory is rated for 7-7-7-20 1600Mhz Intel XMP, 7-7-7-20 works fine at 1333, have tried relaxed settings though which I'll put below.
                          CAS Latency Time________________ 7/8/9
                          Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay__________ 7/8/9
                          Dram RAS# Precharge Delay________ 7/8/9
                          Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 20/24

I've never changed any of these settings past the defaults as I have no clue about them. << Set all values below to highest suggested for now

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-5
                          Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-8
                          Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6-12
                          Refresh to ACT Delay______________ << Try 62-84
                          Read to Precharge Delay__________4-5
                          Static tRead Value_______________7-9
                          Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] = 0
                          CMD Rate__________ 2T (only thing I changed, Auto sets it to 1T and this RAM calls for 2T) Z<< Set 2T for now, you can try 1T later

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
                          CPU Clock Skew Control [normal] << Auto
                          GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal] << Auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                          DDR3 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.40V] to achieve 1.9V the req. voltage for this set
                          PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
                          FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.25V] << may be ok, but you may only need +0.1-0.2 but you are fine for now
                          (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.050V] << Here is an issue, with 4GB you need +0.2-0.3, so 4GB at 1600 you may need +0.3-0.35
                          CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25625] << Set higher, just to be sure this isn't part of the problem
                          Auto vCore was 1.28750

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                          No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
                          CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                          CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Disabled] << Enabled
                          CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                          Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
                          Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled] < Disable for now, after you update your BIOS if you plan to (Needs to be enabled for Qflash)

Comment

I QFlashed to F6e as that's the latest bios listed in the forums, rather than D off the website. After that and loading optimized defaults, making sure everything was working normally I set out with your suggestions.(adv. timings relaxed, gMCH to +0.3, raised vCore to default and tried higher) Unfortunately the issue remains, also now even after a CMOS clear and set back to 1333 Original settings I'm failing Memtest 2.01, whereas 3.4/3.5(one DIMM at a time for the latter) pass even after several hours running they pass and 2.01 instantly fails. I'm gonna make a new image later and try again after I get some time away from this mind number. No noticeable stability issues with Prime95/Gaming, so I'm hoping it's a one-off. In the meanwhile, if it turns out this just won't work: What memory would you recommend? Preferably 4GB 1600Mhz, and a related question for future upgrade, Can this board run the full 8GB at 1600 or higher?

P.S. Didn't do anything about the NB cooling before I tried all this, I know it's a factor and especially if/when I get this to work I'll want to do it for long-term. It does have a huge copper heat pipe though and I have a really well ventilated case so I hope it'll be ok for testing purposes.

Sorry for ranting, Thanks for all the help :)

Comment

Memtest86+ is now 4.01, please update.
                              Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

What did you mean by 3.4/3.5? If you mean the other Memtest (not 86+), do not use this version.

I can't really say what works for sure in this board as I have not used the T version. If you want to be 100% sure you should by from the QVL list.

As for 8GB at 1600, also not sure, maybe the QVL mentions something about 1600Mhz memory such as if using 8GB clock down to 1333 or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X