Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35-DS3 dual floppy support??

Sorry for the poor English :)
    I have some vintage computers and computer operated machines with 5.25 floppy drives so i want to transfer and back up information from them to my new computer with ga-ep35-ds3 board, which already has one 3.5" 1,44MB drive installed.

When i connected both an old 5.25" drive and the 3.5" I entered system setup and saw that in "standard cmos setup" is available only "DRIVE A".

Windows and DOS show only A: and no mather what capacity is set for "DRIVE A" the big floppy works as it.
    Recently i disconected the two floppies and put a dual combo drive in their place and the result is the same - only one floppy works :(

Is there a way to fix that or I must change floppy drives everytime a different type is needed??

Re: GA-EP35-DS3 dual floppy support??

The controller may be able to only control one floppy since most dont even use that I bet that is why this is happening to you

If you want to transfer between the two computers easier and cannot do it thru a network you could buy a Male to Male USB wire and then use this program to do so MUCH Easier and faster>>>

Homepage
    USB to USB File Transfer Cable

Download Program/driver

Manual

Comment

what usb?? have you ever seen 4,77MHz XT with USBs?

I understand that floppies are pretty outdated, but its kind of strange to have board with quad core support, 6 sata and 12 usb and only one floppy support :(
      are the dual fdd controllers so expensive

Comment

I dont know. How are you plugging this second floppy in anyway?

Comment

I'm plugging it with dual floppy cable

the top connector connects to the board and the other two - to the drives, which should appear as A: and B:

Comment

Yeah, I think you may need a dual floppy controller. Or get a USB Floppy drive, that would work for sure as I have used one on my board with a normal floppy plugged in

I cant find anywhere that says the IT8718 or the ICH9 supports dual floppy, the spec sheets for each only have one floppy listed

1 x floppy disk drive connector supporting up to 1 floppy disk drive

Comment

You sure that cable is being used right? I read this >>>
              Floppy drive cables have a twist in certain wires that identifies the A: drive from the B: drive. If you hook the drive up to the middle connector versus the end connector, it won't work. The cable may be backwards

Comment

Working...
              X