Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P35-DS4 vs EP35-DS4...any real physical difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS4 vs EP35-DS4...any real physical difference?

I notice the P35-DS4 version is no longer sold nearly everywhere and now current is EP-35-DS4. That change also seemed to happen when the power saving stuff was available for the regular P35 version too. In addition to that, I've seen mentioned on the website that there is no physical difference between the 2 models and it is just a marketing move targeting another certain makers EPU advertising. Is this correct? Also, is the power savings stuff able to turn off in BIOS if so desired?

I had a P35-DS4 go bad, and I ultimately ended up physicly damaging it when removing it for RMA. I was just going to buy another one of the same, but got the EP35-DS4 version since that is what everyone sells now. I'm hoping it's the same board with a new name.

Re: P35-DS4 vs EP35-DS4...any real physical difference?

Same board, even the P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 has the EP35 DES features, I own one.

The normal EIST, TM2, C1E, and C.I.A.2 would turn off the actual Physical Features (Phase LED's onboard) but the DES is a program itself, so you dont even have to install it if you do not want to

So yeah, Same as P35-DS4 REV 2.1, if you had a older then REV 2.1 then the board is a little different, by how much I do not know. But yeah same board, extra software can be left uninstalled if you want. I do not use it myself either. Killer for overclocking

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Same board, even the P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 has the EP35 DES features, I own one.

The normal EIST, TM2, C1E, and C.I.A.2 would turn off the actual Physical Features (Phase LED's onboard) but the DES is a program itself, so you dont even have to install it if you do not want to

So yeah, Same as P35-DS4 REV 2.1, if you had a older then REV 2.1 then the board is a little different, by how much I do not know. But yeah same board, extra software can be left uninstalled if you want. I do not use it myself either. Killer for overclocking

Thats what I thought. Good to know. My P35 version was a rev2.1 as well, so I guess I can expect the exact same board when my EP version gets here.

Comment

Ohh yeah, well in that case, yeap... Same board, different box

Comment

Working...
        X