Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L/S3G questions

Hi

A few questions before I buy one of these boards, what are the main differences between the DS3L and S3G? (apart from the 2 DIMM slots and use of electrolytic caps)

Does the S3G have similar levels of overclocking ability as the DS3L?

Do either of these boards suffer from the DPC Latency issues e.g. like these boards?

Many thanks,
    DDY

Re: Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L/S3G questions

The DS3"X" model is better, dual BIOS and Better capacitors, overall a much better board for not much money. I also believe you get a few more SATA slots, I think.

Although I am not so sure about P31, why not P35? P31 I have seen NO ONE comment on, so Not sure about the DPC issue.

Overclocking, I cannot say for sure either, since no one buys that and comments on it. I can tell you they both will be able to do the same, as all P35 boards can do the same. Soem models do have less BIOS options though, with the "S" ones being the cheapest it is not likely your best bet if you are interested in overclocking. And if you are I would suggest a P35-DSX model

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

There have been too many reports on the Internet regarding DPC issues with Gigabyte P35 boards so I'm giving them a miss.

At least with the P31 boards which are 25% cheaper than the next P35 board I'd make a smaller loss if it does suffer from the DPC issue. I'd probably end up using it as a F@H machine in that case.

Comment

try this
        GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Comparison Sheet

Comment

Thanks for the link but you got the wrong motherboards :P

I think you meant this :)

Looks like the only differnces are the audio chips, DIMM slots and capacitors. Think I'll go for the P31-S3G, see what happens.

Comment

Hi again, I've ended up with the DS3L since it was cheaper than the S3G on the day I bought it for some reason, it's a great board, E7200 3.3GHz stable with stock volts.

Good news, the P31-DS3L doesn't suffer from severe DPC latency spikes like the GA-P35 boards do, however there are still some periodic spikes, not a big deal though.

Comment

Good to see you found a deal and have you board all setup and working good!

Comment

Working...
              X