GV-NX88T512HP (8800GT) Pink Screen Of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GV-NX88T512HP (8800GT) Pink Screen Of Death

I originally had a Gigabyte GV-NX88T512HP (8800GT) Type A card and it frequently just poped up with a full colored screen (usually pink / purple) in the middle of doing either nothing, web browsing or playing games - needed full power off / on to clear. I ended up changing Motherboard (GA-P35-DS3P), CPU (E8400) and PSU (Antec Neopower 650W) before the retailer would accept to swap the video card. Using the Nvidia 169.21 drivers.
    I received a Type B card in return with supposedly better brand memory and cooler. I thought the problems solved but it has failed again after quite some time of use (working fine for about a month of heavy use). After web searching now for '8800 PSOD', it seems like a common problem.
    Lots of theories on fixes but are there any known real, proven, fixes for this now?

Re: GV-NX88T512HP (8800GT) Pink Screen Of Death

You sure that PSU rails are enough? And you are not using any type of Adapter for the PCI-E card plugin are you?

Is this PSOD actually the same as BSOD only pink? I mean does your system restart and all that? Be Better if you could post the actual B(PSOD) error code. Open System in control panel, then advanced. Then at the bootom click the startup and recovery button, then in that window towards the bottom you will see the system failure section, in that Uncheck Automatically restart. then ok, then apply, and ok

Then now you can see the stop code, please post that

As you have surely heard this sounds like GFX card power or ram issue. If I was you and you dont get this solved to quickly I would RMA again and get a different brand or model altogether
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-30-2008, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I had that screen a couple of days ago, only happened the once though - it seemed like just a random error, i reset and it was fine.
      Was just a blank deep purple screen though, no codes on it or anything. Am curious if there be a solution to this, I know my PSU is more than sufficient and the clocks I have set are fine...

Comment

No actual codes on the screen, just a solid colour. When playing games, I can sometimes still hear the sounds continuing in the background. I thought that a good brand 650W PSU could easily drive a single 8800GT card.

The general opinion around so far is that the factory default clock speeds on the card are actually too high.

Comment

Well that could be as well, have you tried turning them down yourself with rivatuner to test this theory?

Comment

Pink Screen...
            check VGA and vga cable?

Comment

Using DVI cable. Tried another cable. This is a different video card as well, so I would say not cable or connector problem.

Comment

Hey there. I have the exact same problem >< Technophobe.

GV-NX88T512HP Type B factory o/ced to 700/1700/920.

I've only got the pink screen once, other times it is black screens. It doesn't happen that often but when it does it happens anywhere anytime, in a game, just got into windows, on the desktop, it's even happened TWICE in the BIOS, which I'm guessing means it's not a driver issue. Atm I've got the card oc'd to 745/1850/1030 but even at stock settings it does it.

I read that someone has the same problem and fixed it by increasing the PCIe freq. to 105 instead of the default 100.

I'll give that ago and if not I'll RMA. Really gives me the sh*ts when it happens in the BIOS -_______-.

Rest of the system is an Asus P5K PRO, Corsair HX-620, X3350.

Comment

Mmmk well I upped the PCIe freq. to 105 and it done it again in the BIOS ><, was at stock speeds.

RMA time I guess :(.

Comment

Working...
                  X