Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with GA-P35-DS3L

Hello there,

I've ordered this computer a week ago, my dad built it, and I watched him do it:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
    2x1gb MTD DDR2-800 CL5
    MSI NX8800 GTS Overclocked (original, I didn't overclock it :)

This is enough information I assume, anyway here's my problem.
    When we first got the computer working, it was without any trouble, I installed Vista, it worked fine... Then, I had several BSOD's, and my Cooler Fan was acting like crazy, we phoned the company who sold me the parts, and we were told to upgrade the bios, sounded fair. Part of the problem solved, I immediatly went to update everything and did a full vista upgrade.
    Yet still I had some BSOD's and sometimes my computer would reboot.

That wasn't all, I;ve had 3 times that my computer wouldn't boot at all, we had to do a bios reset, made it work. 2nd time I had this I had to reboot my computer 5 times to get past the Gigabyte Mobo screen.

Today, I removed 1 of the 2 RAM's, computer failed to start, halfway a reboot. Then I removed the other RAM, and it worked fine. I let my computer update some stuff, I go to the toilet, Boom... computer off.
    How? Why? I dunno... but for now it's going ok. Still there is a problem, and it's driving me nuts.

Finally went back to Windows, now I miss my mac -.-'
    Gimme a shout if you need more information!

Jeffrey

Re: Issues with GA-P35-DS3L

Btw, I already did a memory test with the bootable CD with both RAM's in it, and no problems were found, both my dad and the sales person think the mobo is broken.

Comment

What ram specifically is this? 2x1gb MTD DDR2-800 Never heard of MTD, and those BSOD's sound memory related.

And what Memory test did you run and for how long? I would suggest you run this one Memtest86+ V. 2.01 Runa few full tests, or at least one, then run test #2 and test #5 for at least a half hour or hour on each >>>>

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Here is how to choose tests
      1. First press C

2. then 1

3. then 3

4. and finally select the test that you want to run

5. press Enter

6. and then 0 to get it running

And what PSU do you have? I would also like to know if you changed anything in the MIT (Overclocking) section of the BIOS?

If not, you should AUTO is not good to run with, just to setup and start a system. Just my opinion.

If you want I will post for you my full suggested settings for your MIT section, after you tell me the above things and let me know what speed you are wanting to run the CPU at. Overclocked or not Auto is still not best, often is to much or not enough and can cause issues as well.

Comment

I already tested with Memtest, kept going for an hour, no errors.

I bought a new PSU, got a 500 watt one, not certain of the brand etc, at first I thought that was the problem, got a 500 watt for a decent price for him, and he would order me a 650 watt one, however I cancelled that since my comp is... "working" like a cooled comp would act like

I would really appreciate it if you could help me on the setup, since I'm probably going to trade the mobo within a couple of days.

As for the RAM, here is what the order form says about it:
        D2 2GB 800-C5 KIT MDT

Comment

Ok, so I've searched around for possible better RAM/CPU settings, wouldn't dare trying it out, however I've been able to play Assassin's Creed all morning, so I looked it up again and raised the RAM with 0.1v and same goes for the cpu... now... my computer won't boot, I tried Bios reset, didn't work, I get the Fan dance, just before you expect a Beep for booting, it stops, and reboots, and it circles constantly -.-' why... how... and again why.. :)

Comment

You dont know the name brand of the ram? I need to know the actual Brand before I can suggest settings to you, that is likely part of the issue. As well as I would like to know the brand of Power supply. Cheap Power supply and or cheap ram is going to cause you nothing but issues.

Please look at the Power supply sticker and tell me the brand. As for the ram, you can run this program if you can get in the computer and look in the SPD tab it will show the manufacturer >>>>
            CPUID

Comment

I went to the dealer yesterday, tested the mobo and all other parts, and it seems the mobo was broken from the beginning and dragged the RAM with him to death, so replaced them since I had the parts one week ago, and my computer is working as it should now :)

Comment

Nice to hear! What ram was that anyway, do you know yet?

Comment

Working...
                X