X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R Strange Audio Problem!

These are my specs:
    - Core 2 Duo e6750
    - GA-P35C-DS3R Motherboard (v1.1 no bios update)
    - 2gb Memory
    - Sapphire Radeon HD 2900XT
    - Windows XP Pro, SP3 (although the same thing happened with SP2)

Im having a problem with my audio, At first it had a conflict in the device manager (code 10) and the audio woudnt work, then I realized I had to Shut down my computer completely and not just restart it to make the audio driver start correcty and work.
    If I shut down my computer I can make the audio work on windows but the conflict apears again when I start a game. I loose the sound completely when the game is launched.

I know it has something to do with my video card, ive been trying to fix this for months with no success. I downloaded some new drivers from realtek website, version r1.91 and also the Ati HDMI drivers they include but Im having the same issue. I cant make the audio work correctly. I also tried the new drivers from the gigabyte website, I dont know what else I can do. Yesterday I formated my hard driver and installed a new clean windows xp with new drivers including the new ati catalyst and I have the same problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated!<!-- / message -->

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Strange Audio Problem!

Go in safe mode Open device manager and uninstall the Realtek driver, and the Microsoft HD audio driver, then reboot in safe mode again and install the realtek driver only from here, and be sure if it does work for you to not install the MS one via windows update >>>
    Realtek

If it does not work which it should be sure you have you installed the latest Inf installer from intel? >>>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

And ya know, A BIOS update may also help. How many behind are you? If you do flash it, do it in Qflash via USB or floppy

Comment

Hello Lsdmeasap, First off thanks for your reply.
      I have done all this except the bios flash. Im using the default Bios that came with the motherboard, it is version F2.

I used the new Realtek Driver for this, with and without the HDMI, I have also installed latest Inf on my computer (8.3.1.1011), your installer is version 8.3.1.1009.

What bios should I update to ? Not the new beta release correct ? I dont want to screw up my motherboard, ive read in the forum many people had problems after updating the bios. Is there audio fixes in the bios updates ?

Comment

Hmm I wonder why Intel's page is behind, you are the second one to tell me that this week. Maybe there is a issue with .1011 version and intel pulled it but gigabyte has not from their site? They are often behind in things

I am not sure about what is added in the BIOS updates, but the do not show all fixes they add, just the major ones.

Be sure you flash your BIOS in Qflash with a floppy or a USB stick, do not use @BIOS. And be sure you use the correct BIOS for your board revision, see here at the top and pick your board revision then go into BIOS link. Or here is a link for each. I assume you have 1.x or 2.0 because the 2.1 does not show a F2 bios at all. I do see alot of fixes added between F2 and F10 which it is up to now (Non beta)

Rev 2.1
        GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1)

Rev 2.0
        GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.0)

Rev 1.x
        GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 1.x)

Your board revision is on the box, or if you do nto have you can see it in the bottom corner of the PCB under the PCI slots

BIOS flash can cause problems if done improperly you are correct, but you should be fine if you do it in Qflash. be sure once you do to go in and choose "Load Optimized Defaults" then save and apply and reboot, then come back into BIOS and make your changes you need to do

Of course BIOS flash is up to you, but you are having issues, and you are way behind in BIOS's so the if it isnt broke dont fix it saying does not apply to you as your board is "Broke" in a way, and you a very far behind in BIOS's. I would flash it if it was me, I do it often and have NO issues, just do not use @bios and do not shut off your pc while doing so, or do not do it in a storm or something like that where you think the power may go out while doing so.

Comment

Yes, no problem I have done tons of bios updates. Im just not a fan of this when I have other options, I usually do this for new CPU support. My board is rev 1.1

I guess Ive ruled out any other option for this audio problem so this will be the next step, ill do it now and post back (hopefully everything goes ok).

wish me luck!

Comment

Good luck! Remember use Qflash!

Comment

Damn, no luck. Updated bios to F10 correctly but same thing happens, I loaded bios default settings right after using qflash and when I entered winwods the audio was working, as soon as I entered a game (Command & Conquer 3) the audio stops working, so I go out back to my desktop and I see the same hardware conflict as before (screen attached).

Yesterday I filled the support form in the official gigabyte website with my product ID and pc specs but didnt recieve an answer yet, I was hoping they new about this problem because Ive seen very similar problems mentioned while doing some google searching, unfortunately without any answers.
              Do you work for gigabyte ?

Im thinking of buying a PCI Audigy sound card but im affraid the same thing will happen.

Thanks again for helping me out with this.
              Attached Files

Comment

No, I just mod here, wish I worked for GA

Well I am at a loss for what to suggest to you next. Sorry I wish I knew more. I would assume though a sound card would work better then a onboard solution, but I cannot say for sure since I dont use one. Nor would I even know what to start to suggest to you to use. Other members here use additional sound cards though, so maybe someone will suggest a good one to you.

Sorry I cant be of more help!!! In the BIOS do you have the setting in Integrated Peripherals called Azalia Codec On Auto? If not, try that. That is what mine is on and my sound is working fine

If still no luck, I suppose you will just have to wait for someone to suggest a known compatible sound card for you here or ask at a different site as I am not sure myself

You could also disable serial and parallel ports in the BIOS some say this has fixed it for them. Also disble any other items you are not using such as The Gigabyte SATA controller if you only use the intel on.

Are you sure you uninstalled in safe mode and deleted, the microsoft UA driver?

Just trying to spit out some more ideas for you to check out.

Good luck, and I hope someone suggests a good card for you if you do not otherwise get this fixed

Comment

Yep, I have the same bios config. I use this option to disable/enable the onboard soundcard and add an old PCI card to have some sound until I can fix this onboard sound issue.

Im pretty sure this is a compatibility issue with the motherboard and ATI Video cards with HDMI like mine. Especially now that the sound dies ONLY when entering games.
                  The funny part is that a normal reset wont make the audio work again, I need to turn off the computer and turn back on to make the "device start".
                  too bad I dont have another PCI-Express video card to test this.

Regarding the uninstalling and installing ive tried about everything with all drivers in normal windows and also in safe mode... old, new, default, etc... Ive even formated my hard drive twice. Ive tested the sound driver with and without video drivers.

Thanks for your help and Ill post back if I get an answer from gigabyte support.

Comment

Well, good luck with it all, and sorry I could not be of more help!

Ya it could be a card issue, see if you can find a friend to borrow a older card from and see for sure!

Either way good luck with it all!!

Comment

Ok here is some updated info I gathered up after playing arround with stuff these last hours just in case someone wants to follow up.

My motherboard bios now is version f10, Updating the bios didnt fix the audio problem.
                      My Audio works with or without the Ati HDMI Driver provided by realtek (latest version 1.91) The problem starts when I open up any game. SOME games still have audio when I play them but I loose the audio when I quit and go back to my desktop. Other games loose audio instantly when I open them.

When I get back to my desktop my device manager shows the conflict (screen attached in previous post). The strange part is that if I open a game "windowed" I dont loose the audio.

Comment

Working...
                      X