my 2 GIGABYTE 8800gtxs broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 2 GIGABYTE 8800gtxs broken?

I turn off my computer yesterday then seral hours later i booted it up and nothing came up on the display. I check the video cards and ones fan is not spinning and the other is but wont display anything either. so i plug my old 6800gs in and everything works any ideas how to fix this? Thanks for the help

Q9450
    2 8800gtxs in sli hopefully theyll work
    1200 watt Coolmax Green power
    4 gigs corsair Xms2 xtream the ones with the cool but useless leds

Re: my 2 GIGABYTE 8800gtxs broken?

I would test each card separately in a different system and see if they work at all, if not RMA them is all you can do.

If they do both work, uninstall them via device manager, go in safe mode and uninstall the drivers for them and then do the reinstall for Crossfire again

Comment

Crossfire? I hope not.

Comment

Its a brand new mobo also its a Evga 780i sli the cards worked for a day in the mobo. I tested both card indepently in the mobo nothing would be displayed. I think my last psu had something to do with it because it fried 2 days earlier. one other thing is weird with the mobo is that it doesn't want to boot windows at all with my rapter pluged iin even though bios sees it

Comment

Sorry I was asleep I meant SLI of course

I would test them in a different board to be sure, but as you said you PSU may have fried them!!

Comment

Luckly i had my warranty still i sent them in yesterday. Hopefully theyll fix them asap. those cards were cashed, they didnt work at all. now i have to figure out this annoying Hdd issue with my new mobo the Nforce evga 780i motherboard. It shows my raptor in bios that its working, but when i want to boot into windows for writeong it the comp freezes or wont even load windows. unless i unhook the raptor then the 300 gig loads windows fine? Any ideas

Comment

Format it on a different PC

Comment

Working...
              X