P35-DS4 Gigabyte controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS4 Gigabyte controller

I have the Intel controller set to IDE mode and the Gigabyte controller set to AHCI in BIOS. I will be installing the OS on the Intel IDE controller and will be using the Gigabyte controller for e-SATA.

My question is: Do I need to install the Gigabyte drivers via F6 or can I install them after I have installed the OS?

Also, I don't have a floppy drive so If I have to install using F6 then what other options are there?
    GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Re: P35-DS4 Gigabyte controller

You shouldn't need any drivers unless you plan to use raid.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Thanks for the info HemiRick
      GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Comment

You should be able to use USB as a floppy if you have legacy USB enabled in the BIOS, disable this when you are done. And since you are installing Vista you can just choose browse when you see the disks to choose to install to and browse to the gigabyte install CD where the drivers are. Tell it to get them from the CD this works fine for Vista. If you see no disks, same it will have a load driver button

If you really mean IDE as in IDE hard drive it goes thru the GA chip not the intel one. If you mean SATA (IDE/PATA Mode) then ignore me! HAHA

If you are not using AHCI for your OS then you can install later I believe Not sure though as I have always installed it with the system. It will slow your boot time though, just so you know
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-05-2008, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X