Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DS4 CPU Support Clarification?

Hey there.

I've order my new rig today, which will feature a P35-DS4 and an Intel E8400. After browsing around the Gigabyte CPU support list, I've noticed that this particular CPU isn't supported on BIOS versions lower than F11. Browsing around here, some people are claiming the 45nm CPUs are already supported starting from F6. So, what's the deal here?

If it turns out that the E8400 isn't supported by the board I get delivered some time next week, will I still be able to boot far enough to get into Qflash to flash my BIOS to F11?

Re: GA-P35-DS4 CPU Support Clarification?

I dont think it will see the thread a couple below yours on the top forum page....
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

I really don't feel like buying another supported S775 just to be able to flash the BIOS, no matter how cheap they are.

Comment

I see the same things as you stated. I also see several users using unsupported quads on Bios revisions that the site says do not support it, so I guess I can't say for sure. You will just have to keep your fingers crossed, or borrow one if you do get stuck

Comment

Alright. I guess a lot depends on the revision you get from the retailer (I'm guessing revision 2.x will support any 45nm CPU out of the box). The revisions have been out for a good while now (3 or 4 months), so hopefully I get a recent one.

Comment

Working...
          X