Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Ninja fit on the EX38-DS4?

Hello!

I am planning to build a system with passive 9600 GT, E8400, Enermax MODU82+ 625W PSU, and the other usuals inside an Antec Solo case. I may or may not be able to cool enough with a Ninja running passive, so my questions are:

1. Will the Ninja fit on the EX38-DS4?

2. Will the Ninja with 120mm fan blowing through to the rear case fan fit on the board?

3. I know the RAM slots are closer to the CPU socket on this board than on other P35 boards I've seen, so will there be an issue using Ninja with fan?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Will Ninja fit on the EX38-DS4?

Rev B fits, Dont know about others. I have seen several threads about it working fine no comments about a fan though, but surely they used one. Ill look for some pics

*Edit* I cant find any pics of this setup, but....
    Well ya can likely just put the fan in a PULL position out the back of the case if it does indeed get in the way. Or you could use slots 2+4
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-28-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I know some people use it passive, no fan, but not sure if passive would work for me.

As long as placing the memory in slots 2 & 4 doesn't create a problem, then that would be a solution, and the fan doesn't cover slot 2. If the fan covered slot 2, then I might as well put the memory in 1 & 3 slots.

I also notice the PCI-E x16 card might be an issue because of closeness to the memory slots.

Sure would be helpful If I could get more definitive information.

Comment

There's no interference at all between my 9600gt and RAM on a EP35-DS3P.

If the fans covers RAM slot 2 how could not cover 1 as well?
        Take care,
        Rick
        GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

You can also if you have to CUT the fan bracket on the bottom end, it does not HAVE to be there. So you could use a wire clipper or dremmel and remove the bottom are of the brace if you do have issues. Or put the fan on the opposite side in a PULL configuration

Comment

The Ninja may overhang the memory, but there is clearance above, between the top of the memory and the bottom of the Ninja's fins. It might not work with tall heat spreaders on the memory, so don't use tall heat spreaders. The normal heat spreaders on my G.Skill RAM work fine, with plenty of clearance. Just install the RAM first.

There's a picture on this page showing clearance above RAM, under an attached fan...

Scythe Ninja PLUS Rev B 6 Heat Pipes Quiet CPU Cooler

Comment

amyhughes:

Thanks for the information. Which version of G. Skill RAM are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by JVM View Post
                Which version of G. Skill RAM are you using?
                2x2G DDR2 800; the ones with the blue heat spreaders.

Comment

Is this the one?

Comment

Amy,

Oh, forgot you said 2x2GB. I was just thinking 2x 1GB as I have XP and 2GB is enough. I think you have this one. When using 2 x 2GB isn't it best to first install 2 sticks before loading XP and after that put in the other 2 sticks?

I didn't see your blue ones available as 2x1GB, but they should be available somewhere.

Comment

Amy,

Sorry for all these posts, but I found 2x1GB that looks very similar to yours except they are red and voltage is 1.8 - 2.0. How do these look to you?

Comment

Those should work fine...
                        Take care,
                        Rick
                        GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Originally posted by HemiRick View Post
                          Those should work fine...
                          Hi Rick,

Are you referring to the 2x1GB sticks?

I plan on using XP 32-bit so I don't think 4GB would do me any good, but the 2x2GB sticks would come in handy if in the future I went to Vista, which at the moment doesn't appeal to me. However, in the future I may change my mind, you never know.

Comment

My 32 bit Vista sees 3.5 GB of my 4 GB of ram
                            Take care,
                            Rick

Comment

Originally posted by JVM View Post
                              Amy,

Sorry for all these posts, but I found 2x1GB that looks very similar to yours except they are red and voltage is 1.8 - 2.0. How do these look to you?
                              Those are the same physical size as mine. They'll fit under a Ninja no problem. WinXP sees 3.5G. Not a full 4, but still worth the price, though the price has gone up since I ordered.

Comment

Working...
                              X