GA-P35-DS3 - manual FSB Clock change problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P35-DS3 - manual FSB Clock change problem

This is my RAM: OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Titanium 4GB Edition Dual Channel

After 14h computer's working, sticks is only lightly warm - cooling is OK.

Comment

I meant a fan on the Northbridge not the ram, if it is hot

Comment

North Bridge is warmer than the memory, but isn't hot.

Comment

If you can hold your fingers on it for 10 or more seconds after running some memory tests then you should be fine and just likely need to adjust your timings a bit more if you are still having issues. Now this test it only good to feel it after you run some memory intensive tests such as orthos or memtest86+ for a half hour or so then very quickly or with your pc on and case open feel it

Comment

Yes, I have the solution! I must to disabled in BIOS "USB Mouse support" option ! No I can manually change FSB and computer works fine !

Thanks !

Comment

Good find, I have not seen that fix in a while and forgot all about it!

Comment

Comment

Your english is pretty clear man! Sounds like you should again clear your CMOS FULLY and try with one stick of ram. Please see here in Post # 2 for how I suggest to Clear the CMOS >>>

I would also advise you to read that whole guide and once you get your system going again with one stick of ram load optimized defaults and then go into Qflash and update your BIOS as this may be part of your issue. I think once you FULLY clear the CMOS you will be able to get in your BIOS again

Here is where you download your BIOS files, DO use Qflash as I show in the Guide. >>>
                  GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0)

DO NOT USE @BIOS in windows!!!!

Have you ever updated your BIOS? If not do you know what Version it is by chance?

Comment

Lsdmeasap, thank you for your quick answer.

I'm not agree with your opinion about my english but... thank you, jaja

Actually I can't init the system, I have try turn it on at least... 50 times?. Even, I have let the system on (I mean, with the fan turnings, lights on, etc.. put no entering the POST) during two hours and the pc can't boot.

I clear CMOS with quickly shortcircuit with a jumper, large shortcircuit (about 1 min) and removing the battery about a 2 hours and the system don't boot. Actually, I have one stick of RAM and I have try with every two sticks individually in differents banks... and nothing.

I has the latest bios (I think), I believe it was F13i or something else. In the bios support page this bios no exists, there is F12 and F14beta, but several months ago it was there.

I think my MB is broken... or my CPU because I have change PSU, memory and graphics card, and didn't work. Even, I put one of the stick of RAM in other computer, and the RAM works fine. This isn't a surprise for me because when I could init the system, I booted passing the memtest and pass ok.

One question, how can I contact directly to gigabyte RMA in spain? If I go to the shop, they bring back the MB about 2 months!! I said that because other seller told me that contact directly gigabyte is faster. Gigabyte technical center send me here:

But I wan't buy, and I didn't buy the MB in this shops.

Regards and thank you for you help!!!
                    Last edited by uzutake_shikaraiya; 12-05-2008, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Well before you decide to RMA your board, can you test your CPU in another system? If so, you should do that first for sure.

You should try the method I posted in that link above to clear your CMOS, With PSU Unplugged and battery removed with jumper on the pins for 30 minutes or so

About RMA to Gigabyte, I am not sure. You can enter any country here on this USA Form >>
                      RMA

But I would call one of these US or Europe Numbers (Or select a closer country to you) and ask directly instead of asking in a email >>
                      GIGABYTE

Comment

Hi again,

First, thank you Lsdmeasap for your wonderful help. But second... it was imposible to fix the mainboard because de mainboard was broken.

After two days trying, I was capable to init the system at 177mhz fsb (not original 266), and I updated the BIOS version from 13i to 14beta. The flashed seemed ok but it was the last time my system init.

Finally I bougth another mainboard and everything works fine, so I sent my mainboard to RMA in the shop where I bought it.

Thank you again for everything and see you!!

(when I have my mainboard back, I will write you telling how works everything)

Comment

Ahh, so it was a bad board then eh? Glad you found it instead of trying to find the problems for a longer time

Good luck with your RMA, and do let us know how quick you get it back. Did it go to gigabyte or is the store going to send you a new one?

Comment

I wasn't able to contact with gigabyte directly so I went to the shop where I buy the MB.

Comment

Ahh, ok! Thanks, well that would be the fastest way anyway!

Comment

Hello again!!

One month later, I got my mainboard back. Really it isn't my mainboard because mi mainboard was a <script type="text/javascript">window).bind("load", function() { $("div#product_images").slideView({ easeFunc: "easeInOutSine", easeTime: 500 //easeFunc: "easeInOutBack", //easeTime: 1200 }); });* </script> GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0) and this is a (rev. 1.0). Difference? my broken mainboard has 8 usb conecction and this one only 4.

I'm a little bit disappointed because more than one month later, he give me back a more ancient or lower than the one that I had. Can I claim to the shop??

Thanks for advance!!

Edit: I have mount the mainboard and everythings works fine, thanks for your help!!
                                Last edited by uzutake_shikaraiya; 01-20-2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X