Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Synchronization clock and 1:1 FSB BIOS settings for EP35-DS3P

Hey guys hope someone can help me.

Looking for the BIOS settings for the PCI Synchronization clock (want to make sure it is at 33mhz) and I want to make the FSB ratio 1:1 but I can't seem to find anything like that in the bios. Reading the mobo manual tells me to get the 'advanced' bios settings by clicking ctrl-f1 but still don't see those settings. Using the latest F3 bios.

Looking for these settings because I'm oc-ing a Q6600 (slacr) on the EP35-DS3P. Lots of information on here and other sites as to how to do this, but a really good post I found tells me to set the above settings (the FSB ratio to 1:1 to get better performance, and manually setting PCI clock to 33.33mhz to prevent damaging cards).

Does anyone know what settings in this board will help me here? Or should I not worry about it? So far I have tried the mobo manual and Google but I can't seem to find the info.

Thanks!

ps. 9x333 (3.0ghz) Prime95 temps for all 4 cores (after 1 hour) are approx 46-48c...so far so good it seems
    EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Re: PCI Synchronization clock and 1:1 FSB BIOS settings for EP35-DS3P

The PCI bus in the BIOS should be set at 100Mhz, The FSB bus setting for 1:1 is the 2:2 setting. In this Bios no need to do the Crtl-F1 thing as all settings are visible.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Actually, it's the PCIe bus that should be set to 100Mhz. Chriskwarren is asking about the PCI bus. I had the same questions when I started overclocking my Q6600. I was told that the PCI bus is locked at 33Mhz, and it appears to be. I am running my FSB at 400 (1600) with a CPU multiplier of 8 for 3.2Ghz. No problems at all with my two PCI soundcards.

Comment

The PCI bus is locked at 33 on Gigabyte boards, and you cannot change this, nor have options to do so.

As for 1:1 yes, it is 2.0 on gigabyte boards, and to use the control + F1 thing (If your bios needs to, some do not) you push the control + F1 on the main page of the BIOS, and then go into the MIT sections. If you see memory subtimings, and voltage values for MCH and FSb without this, then you do not need to push it

Comment

Thanks guys.
          Read in another thread about the 1:1 ratio and got that working...and yes, I was referring to the 33mhz PCI bus! Sorry should have been more clear!

Thanks for the info on the locked PCI bus...makes me feel better that I am not messing with my PCI cards by mistake.

Also of note: the advanced options are indeed the same with or without the ctrl-f1 if anybody else comes across this thread.

ps. As for my OC, have the Q6600 running at 3.0ghz without any extra voltage applied to any component (ie. cpu, ram, nb, etc), and all temps are well within limits even with prime running on all 4 cores for approx 8 hours. No errors and seems to be rock solid so far and I think this is as far as I will push it to keep this stability even though it seems this board and chip can go much further.

So far great board and recommended for anyone thinking about it...having issues with Acronis accessing my Raid array but thats another thread in another forum!
          EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Yes control + F1 in newer BIOS's is not needed for MIT, but DOES show some other hidden settings in other sections (No one ever messes with anyway, but they are there, FYI)

Glad to see you up and running smoothly!

Comment

Working...
            X