GA-EP35C-DS3R no POST, no Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35C-DS3R no POST, no Video

I purchased this week a new motherboard GA-EP35C-DS3R to be my base for Intel Quad Core Q9300 and Geforce 8800GT.

First, before I bought Q9300 and 8800GT I installed on this board my old Ati X1300 and Pentium D 820, I managed to install everything (HD audio was a bit tricky but eventually I did that). Then yesterday, when I got Q9300 and 8800GT, I started to prepare everything. First I mounted 8800GT with all power connector, started XP in SafeMode to delete old ATI drivers (no problem, done). Then I powered machine down, I replaced the CPU, but I did not start (POST succesful but freezes after all those USB 1.1 and 2.0 listing), so I switched back to old CPU. Surfed the net and I did find BIOS update F2 with which it suppose to support the new CPU.

Updated succesfully (as far as the motherboard native soft is correct). Started system (still with old soft) - fine.
    Powered down to replace CPU. CPU replaced, powering up, same as before.
    So I switched back to old CPU and then nothing. One big nothing.
    no post, no video.

What I did wrong, if I did anything wrong?
    What should I do?
    Please help.

Re: GA-EP35C-DS3R no POST, no Video

Did you flash the BIOS from within windows? If so sounds like it went badly, can you get into Qflash before the BIOS loads? If so, flash it again to the BIOS that supports your new CPU (It will also work with the old one so no need to go back and forth)

Comment

No. I used Qflash, and it said the process went fine

And now it don't even go into POST. I have no beeps and no video.

Comment

Can you load qflash again? If so flash back the older BIOS

And You could have also put in the CPU wrong or a little bit off, have you tried redoing that?

Sounds like a bad flash though to me

Comment

I did trying putting CPU few times, with no success
          I cannot access Qflash, so I cannot even downgrade BIOS

Comment

Sorry to hear! Sounds like RMA is your only option then. If you cannot return the board where you bought it and need the info to do that with Gigabyte let me know

Comment

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
              X