GA-EP35-DS3R Post Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35-DS3R Post Errors

I just built a new pc with all new parts.
    I am currently getting a post error 1 long, 2 short which indicates monitor or graphics card error.
    I am trying to determine if the mother board is bad or the video card.
    All fans spin up fine including video card. I get the same error if no video card is installed.
    I removed all peripherals, cables and reseated the video card a number of times.
    Any ideas before I return both parts?
    Thanks
    Joe

Model Name : GA-EP35-DS3R(rev. 2.1)
    M/B Rev : 2.1
    Video Card Brand : EVGA Model : 8800 GT
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : Q6600 Speed :
    Operation System : Win XP SP : 2
    Memory Brand : Corsair Type : DDRII
    Memory Size : 2 GB Speed :
    Power Supply : 550 W

Re: GA-EP35-DS3R Post Errors

You got the power cable plugged into the video card too?
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Is this with default settings? I mean no overclocking? IF not do you have the PCI locked at 100?

Sounds to me to be the card, do you have another older one or a PCI one you can test this with? I would borrow one to be sure before RMA'n the card.

Or test that card somewhere else before RMA'n the board

Comment

It can be something very simple, if your video card has dual outputs, switch to the other output. I ran into an error where I was using an analog monitor for the setup, and for some reason it didn't like the DVI=VGA adapter I was using. Changed adapters, the beep code went away.
        Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, i7-2600K, DH-14, G Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBXLD, HD6970, HX-750, 3X 2TB Hitachi SATA3, Corsair F60, etc

Comment

Working...
        X