Live streaming to XBMC from PC gets cut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live streaming to XBMC from PC gets cut off

Ok, I know this topic might be a bit irrelevant and most likely there should be no solution. But I am posting this here since the mods are so knowledgeable (I mean it!)

I am currently using a P35-DS4 board and the built in LAN port is the realtek gigabit one. It seems that when I am doing heavy P2P (BT) and streaming live video (AVI/RMVB) using CCXGUI to my xbox. It tends to get cut off at random points. Here's my beef : when I was using a ABIT IS7-E last time I never had this problem. Using the same router I always have as well.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Live streaming to XBMC from PC gets cut off

Are you using Utorrent? I ask this because I have found that some versions (You know it updates often) killed my connection to other things sometimes and some ran fine at other times. When I was having version issues I would even run it in a VM Machine and it would still kill my other connections. If you do use Utorrent ( It's the best!!! ), I would try a download a older version starting at the very next one before the one you are using now and see if that helps any.

If you use a different torrent client then ignore my above statement!

As for a different solution you could try going in safe mode, and Uninstalling the LAN driver, then reboot back into safe mode and install the latest one from Reltek ( I think this is the Page you need, if not do a search there for your LAN model ) >>>
    Realtek

I hope that helps, as it is the only things I can think of, other then maybe now your ISP cuts out now and then and it didnt used to. Some ISP's have been trying to kill P2P connections, be sure to have "Protocol Encryption" on Forced, enabled at the least

Comment

Yeah, I am on untorrent 1.6.1 and when I stream while doing P2P with this there's a 40% chance the connection to the xbox will break. But when on emule, its like 90%.. whew...

Actually, its no big deal just that it can get irritating at times. Thanks.

Comment

Ya, I find similar problems with different versions of utorrent, some of the older ones no problems, but the newer ones is hit and miss. And I love utorrent over all the others, so I tend to find myself going back to older standalones, if you want one that doesnt give me any issues let me know and I will post it for you

Comment

Working...
        X