Vista not seeing CD/DVD drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista not seeing CD/DVD drive?

I've done a search trying to find the answer and do not have the upper and lower filters in my registry....I think I'm missing some driver...Help?
    It's an Ide drive and works fine as I can boot memtest+ from it just fine. The problem is just with Vista BTW 32 bit version.
    Thanks
    Rick
    Last edited by HemiRick; 04-19-2008, 03:47 PM.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Re: Vista not seeing CD/DVD drive?

Upper and Lower filters?

What drive brand and model is it, and have you tried it as the ONLY IDE device on the cable

Comment

its a lite on 832s and yes its the only device on the cable....
      Take care,
      Rick
      GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Ah ha I fixed it it was simply a matter of opening device manager and updating the drivers for the IDE controller....let it search online....it installed a driver and then shortly after said new hardware found Lite on CD\DVD drive!!!
        Take care,
        Rick

Comment

Do you have the jumper set properly? If it is on the end of the drive the jumper needs to be on Master or CS

Do you see it in device manager? If so, go in safe mode and uninstall it, reboot back to safe mode w/ networking and tell device manager to look for new hardware, then connect to the internet and let it update via microsoft, or go and get the newest liteon driver..

Which I just found there is not one, so It will install via Microsoft driver search. I did find there is firmware updates available, but that is up to you
          LITE-ON IT Corporation America - Download

Comment

HAHA

Well ya beat me to it. As for that firmware link...........Same as a BIOS update if it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Working...
            X