ep35-ds3r Voltage regulators locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ep35-ds3r Voltage regulators locations

Here is the link to Motherboard picture. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Can anyone tell me where are the voltage regulators located? I want to put sink on them. Also want to know how many there are too.

Re: ep35-ds3r Voltage regulators locations

the voltage regulators are just below and to the left of the CPU socket. Can you see the line of capacitors and 6 black square things? those are the phases.

And on the left side of the socket theres these black flat square things, those r the MOSFETS and those are ones ur ment to cool. there one more set of MOSFETS behind the below regulators but they are blocked by 2 capacitors.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Be sure to use Tape, or non conductive Paste, I use TX-2

Comment

TX-2 can hold up the heatsink sideway? Do you need to have clip to hold onto it? Doesn't it need to be epoxy down? I have AS5 atm.

Comment

The stock heatsink is held on by 2 plastic push pins, see in the 2 round holes on the heatsink? From the backside compress the 2 ends together and push at the same time with some needle nose pliers and they will come free. I replaced the stock tape and compound w AS5 and my temps dropped.
          Take care,
          Rick
          GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Rightly said, but only use Arctic or silver based compounds if you are sure you know what you are doing (So you dont get any on other connections). If you are unsure just use TX-2 or MX-2 Or Arctic Ceramic to be on the safe side

As for holding them up, yeah you would need to use tape I suppose since your board does not have a stock on there with pins, I suggest Sekisui 5760. Here is 1FT cheap >>>
            Ebay Item # 130215306121

If that is sold by the time you see this, just look at his other items, he always has it for sale

Comment

Working...
            X