GA-EX38-DQ6 Analog sound is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX38-DQ6 Analog sound is gone

Strange item is that my anolog soundsetup is be gone, it was working perfectly all the time, but after using it for 2 weeks it will never poped up.
    I did used the latest realtek 1.90 driver, did check if there was an annoying problem with 4 gb ddr2 800mhz banks, did check for the latest F2 and even the fresh new F3a biios, but nothing coul be found.
    Did delete all the drivers, did disabled the bios auto function, did check the Vista 64 bits drivers but the sound wouldn't come back at all.
    The EX38-DQ6 replied it couldn't find any cord plugs at the backsite of the mobo, but the fun they still be in there without removing.
    Could be this a Bios bug, bad mem problems bug or just an overwhelming seeying head problem on first seight...
    I just thought that it could be smart to put up a messy here about the problem before it break down and returning it to the shop.

GA-EX38 DQ6
    Intel Q6600 CPU
    4 x crosair 1024 gb Sli proved 800 mhz mem
    Odin GT 550 watt PSU
    9800 GTX GVN98X5B GPU card
    Nothing is OC'ed atm.
    Running @ Vista Ultimate 64 Bits

Sincerly: EverGreen

Re: GA-EX38-DQ6 Analog sound is gone

Do you have 32bit dual boot setup? Just wondering if it is working in that setup. I know I have some issues in one of my 32bit vista setups, I have a quad boot. I setup 2 32 vistas to test something I ws having a issue with usb wise and it is fine in the clean install of vista.

So before you RMA I suggest you do a clean install or at least a dual boot setup and see if it is the same in the newer install. Vista will do the dual setup for you if you are not sure how. Just make a second partition and install. When you reboot after it is done you will see 2 OS to choose from, the bottom one will be the newer setup.

Here is a XP/vista guide, just think 2 vista's instead of xp and vista
    Code:
    http://www.syschat.com/dual-boot-vista-xp-vista-already-1946.html
    http://lifehacker.com/software/top/windows-vista-beta-how-to-dual-boot-windows-xp-and-windows-vista-179906.php
    You sure the speakers work? I would test them as well on a different PC as you may have a bad cord or something. Just something else to try I suppose.

Can you run this and get it to come up?
    Windows Key + R

Then Type >>>
    RtHDVCpl.exe

If so, something like windows defender or some startup manager has just disabled it. If this is the case let me know and I will help you to fix that
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-18-2008, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Well i ain't having a boot manager running, its right up for Vista 64 bits only.
      I just removed the HD0 disk and did put up a new fresh disc for a new vista install, there even't be any change for a working sound correction, besides i even change the HD0 for a fine working Xp 32 bits version, but still no sound could be heard.
      Only the digital output works fine, even putting the bios back from F3a and F2 to the steady earlier running F1 version, i still can't hear anything, only a popping sound on the boot and on the close of windows.
      Did changed the speaker system to another computer if it been broken but it doesn't at all, so it couldn't be the speaker set......
      But still i found that the speakers aren't connected, where they still be in the connectors...
      In the Problem and reports section under Vista 64 bits i noticed that the follow report been done:

Description
      Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 39.

Problem signature
      Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
      Architecture: x64
      Hardware Id: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A002& REV_1001
      Setup class GUID: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
      PnP problem code: 00000027
      Driver name: RTKVHD64.sys
      Driver version: 6.0.1.5485
      Driver date: 09-19-2007
      OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
      DMIC64.tmp.log.xml
      LOGCD2.tmp
      oem32.inf

Sort how those been missing and i think they can only popping up when the analog section can be detected...

Greets: EverGreen

Comment

Have you uninstalled ALL the sounds related drivers in device manager, then rebooted. You may have to go in safe mode to do that. And then reinstall ONLY the HD drivers from the realtek site? And be sure NOT to install the ones in Microsoft Update
        Realtek

Also, have you tried to start vista with 64bit driver signing disabled? By Pushing F8 at vista startup?

Comment

Yes is did everything, but a remarkable strange item happend, when i disabled the sound option in the Bios and i would try to install an X-Fi card Xtreem music card, Vista argued about some MS driver who can't be found earlier, i did removed it, reboot the PC and the plugged in option for jacks suddenly did working again without any audio drivers, i manually did added them by hand end noticed that it still working after a reboot.
          Delete the X-Fi Xtreem soundcard from my system, did change the sounds option back to on in my Bios and tadadadaaah, the impossible seems be working again.
          Well i hoped that i won't budge at my doorsteps again to found such strange sound weird problems, first time i ever met with gigabyte.
          Same consperacy with the realtek network drivers and lol the Xpress Recovery 2 ultilty, to gettting work at 100%
          So i hoped that i won't you botter any more for some solvs, normally i must admid that i always can recovery on my own those HW problems, so any ways thanks for the fieldworks, perhaps to asap of never.....

EverGreen.

Comment

Nice to hear. Yeah often them Microsoft driver UA gets installed in updates and messes things up. If you dont have it installed I'd say keep it that way

Comment

Working...
            X