Should I upgrade my bios (P35-DS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I upgrade my bios (P35-DS4)

My current bios is F6, and the latest available F12. I thought of using Qflash (more queries on this later) to do the job because I still think that windows flashing carries some risk.

Can I go directly to F12 from F6?

I have a 2gb USB thumbdrive, could someone tell me what are the settings to change in the bios in order to let Qflash recognize it?

Lastly, I am using Raid 0 with 2 drives, is there a slight possibility that after flashing to a newer bios I will lose my RAID settings? (Rendering my system unbootable because my OS is on the RAID 0

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Do the new bioses support SLIC table?

Re: Should I upgrade my bios (P35-DS4)

Yes, to all

You will need to write down, or take pictures of your old settings if you dont think you will remember them. Your raid will be fine, but you will have to reset the Hard drive settings to be the same

As for SLIC, I dont think you should speak of that here.

Fine print: I dont think there is SLIC F12 only F11 that I have seen.....Unless you do your own

Comment

I read on a Gigabyte page yesterday that they don't recommend flashing a huge version change at once....ie if your at 6 you should goto 9 then 12....After the flash load optimized defaults and then save, restart. Then go in and set your settings.
      Take care,
      Rick
      GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Yes, no matter what you do Always flash, save and apply optimized defaults, reboot then make and save your changes

Comment

Right, thanks for the advice. :D

Comment

backup your raid0 before either way
            GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
            i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
            32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
            Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
            Seasonic G-550

Comment

Ya, That could safe guard you. I never had any issues between Bios's with my raids, just dont go trying to load windows before you reapply your hard disk settings as they were before......... after the flash and initial save optimized and reboot.

Comment

Working...
              X