EP35-DS3P loves G-skill PC8000 Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP35-DS3P loves G-skill PC8000 Ram

I finally have a rig that will pass memtest+ without any errors....I'm so happy.
    Newegg is running a deal on 2x2G sets of G-skill PC8000 Ram so I thought I might as well step up since my Ballistix wouldn't pass memtest for nothing.
    The G-Skill's came today and I've been pounding them @800Mhz @ 2.0 V and 4-4-4-10 timings and they run faultless. I can't wait to get them to 450 and see how tight I can get the timings. Any suggestions for timings @ 450?
    My E6400 is running @ 2.8G @ stock voltage with loadline off!!!!

Edit:Update I'm now running them @450Mhz 5-5-5-12 and performance level extreme...
    Last edited by HemiRick; 04-16-2008, 09:42 PM.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Re: EP35-DS3P loves G-skill PC8000 Ram

Well, you can test with performance level on standard and then use tighter timings. I think those are warrantied to 2.1 right? If so, you could possibly get 450 with 4-4-4-X timings maybe

But you would have to bench 444 w/ standard against 555 w/ Extreme to see which is better, if you can get 444 stable. If not 544 maybe better.

It's all trial and error, and of course test, test, test.

Glad you are up and running smoothly enough to be testing. Glad you switched from crucial aren't you!

Comment

Glad you are up and running smoothly enough to be testing. Glad you switched from crucial aren't you!
      You bet I am, I think the Crucials are what caused my 1st boards BIOS's to corrupt to the point of no booting.....
      Take care,
      Rick
      GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Yeah, I used to (Bout 5 years ago) think it was THE best, but not by far anymore. There is just so much Hype about it is why so many people use it nowadays. And now with them NOT using the Famous D9MGH on the new single sided chips that may die out.

They will of course still use Micron, and still D9 but not the same IC as the one that made them famous D9MGH . It just isnt worth the RMA hassles in my opinion.

I would choose < Mushkin, G. Skill, or Geil any day over Crucial as my top choices for ram in that order

Comment

With Everest and my old settings my latency was 62.8 and bandwidth was 8.1Gb/s!

Trying to go even faster using your settings from the other thread (crucial 8500)
          This is what I'm testing now.

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
          CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [6]
          CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
          CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
          PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
          C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
          System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
          DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [manual]
          Performance Level______Extreme
          CAS Latency Time__________ 5
          Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 4
          Dram RAS# Precharge Delay____4
          Precharge Delay (tRAS)_______ 11 (tried 10 no go)
          ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)______ 3
          Rank Write to READ Delay_____ 11
          Write to Precharge Delay______ 3
          Refresh to ACT Delay__________ 42 (tried 36 no go)
          Read to Precharge Delay_______ 3
          Static tRead Value____________ 7
          Static tRead Phase Adjust______ 0

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
          DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.2V]
          PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.0V]
          FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
          (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
          CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.300]

Memtesting this now Any suggestions for better?
          It passes no real improvements (61.9ns now) in Everest #'s though....Gonna experiment with the perf level setting.....Anyone know what this really does?
          Last edited by HemiRick; 04-17-2008, 02:28 PM.
          Take care,
          Rick

Comment

Working...
          X