Weird memory error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird memory error

Running Memtest86+ 2.01 on my EP35-DS3P with 2 1GB sticks of Crucial Ballistix....Testing the sticks individually, Memtest finds an error at the very end of both sticks in the exact same spot, (1022.8 MB 003feedf18 the last bit) But only on the 1st pass....Every other pass after the 1st will not repeat the error.....E6400 running at stock speed and 5-5-5-18 timings.

Anyone have any ideas what's up?
    Thanks
    Rick

PS I've ordered some PC8000 G-skill RAM to test with....
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Re: Weird memory error

What are your voltages MCH and ram? And with what subtimings?

Which test number is this anyway? Could just be a test error since it does not repeat, but they say any error is a error. If they pass together with no errors, I would say they are ok, but since you have some gskill on the way you already have something else to test with, and probably keep

Comment

Whoops this was an F1 BIOS caused error updated to F2 and it's gone.
      Take care,
      Rick
      GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Hey, nice to hear. Ya I have found a few issues with certain bios revisions on my board, newest is sometimes not the best for each board as well, so of course if a new one does cause you errors, you can use a old one that doesnt.

But you are at F1 and F2 so you dont have many choices there yet.

Comment

Working...
        X