X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS3 reboots randomly with Speedstep active

Hello Everyone,
    hope you can help me out here.
    I have a P35-DS3 now running with an E8400, but previously running with an E6600.
    Since day one, I have had all energy saving features enabled so my E6600 was running at 9*350 (3150) at full speed and 6*350 (2100) when idle. This worked fine, except that after sleep (S3 state), the computer wouldnt restart. The fans just started but nothing happened. The voltage settings was at "auto".

I have now switched to an E8400, which I of course want to OC. I have had no problems running it at 9*400 at slightly increased voltage. I have however had serious problems with random reboots leading to file corruption etc. I have FINALLY been able to isolate the problems to the setting CPU Enhanced halt (C1E) in the BIOS. When this is disabled, the CPU runs perfectly, but everything goes crazy, when its enabled.
    Has anyone seen this before and is it the CPU or the MOBO that isnt working?

Re: P35-DS3 reboots randomly with Speedstep active

My Setup:
    Vista 64-bit
    E8400 with Scythe Ninja rev. B
    GA-P35-DS3
    4*1 GB A-data Extreme PC2-6400
    BFG 8800 GTS 320
    WD 400 RE2

Comment

Yeap, that is likely the issue, and the other similar features TM2, EIST, C1E, Speedstep. Those should be disabled to be overclocking. The fact that you had them all working before is YOUR miracle, Surely with some tweaking again you could do it. But it is hard to find the right settings I can tell you that. Is it worth trying? That is up to you and if you want to deal with reboots/file corruption.

Sleep/Resume does not work, and will eventually cause you to need a RMA Due to a BIOS failure because of it causing a BAD reboot.

Please keep all this in mind when playing with your board

Comment

Thanks for the input regarding the power saving features, I will remember this.

I dont understand you second part, however.
        Is it in general on p35-ds3 that the sleep/resume function doesnt work?
        And if I keep it enabled it will eventually lead to file corruption and a bad BIOS?

Thanks

Comment

I find it in general All GA boards, not just your model. But that is just personal experiance, and what I see posted online.

But yeah, many reboot cycles and BSOD's will cause corruption. Many or sometimes one reboot cycle causes bad BIOS, so avoid at all costs

Comment

you can run energy saving features, mean it is a DES edition,

why you run OVER CLCOKING?

Comment

check this out
              im not sure if it relates to your problem, but this is how i successfully run EIST, even while running CIA2 and overclocking bigtime

C1E is the cause of many problems unless you are running stock at all times, i still love EIST (speedstep) tho :)

Comment

Working...
              X