Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35C-DS3R rev 2.1 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 6400 compatibility issue

Hello,

I'd like to know if some of you have faced compatibility issues with the P35C-DS3R rev 2.1 (BIOS F10) MB and 2x1Go Crucial Ballistix Tracer 6400.

Everything used to work fine during the first week and suddenly I've faced BSOD ramdomly. I've checked the memory with memtest and I've found a lot of errors but the same memory on the different motherboard work fine. After a Bios update it worked fine again but after 5 days bingo... new BSOD.

I've found already a similar case on an another forum but I'd to investigate further.

Re: P35C-DS3R rev 2.1 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 6400 compatibility issue

What are your settings? And what CPU do you have? And what version of Memtest are you using? 2.0 had some errors, just a heads up (I found out the hard way)

Possibly you need more DDR2 voltages or MCH. I am glad you said you checked them on a different board, Crucial are very well known for needing a RMA often

Copy, paste back and let me have a look and see if I see where the issue could be

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [102]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

CAS Latency Time_____________ 5 ____ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 5 ____ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____5 ____?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)________15 ____ ?
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_______4 _____ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay______3 _____ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay______6 _____ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay________42 ______ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay_______4 _____ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Comment

I'm running a e8200 not overclocked. I do not have the board right now with me but as I far I can remember I've tested my memories with the last version of the Ultimate Boot CD with those settings;

timings 44412 55515 and 55518 at 1,8v and 2,2v (DDR2 OverVoltage Control [+0.400V])
      always BSOD

The rest is set on auto.

What I do not understand is that it works for a couple of days and suddenly BSODs appear.
      For example, I've tested my memory this morning and found 1000s of errors after just a few seconds. 10min later the same test gave me no error...

Comment

Well the "latest version" could be actually Old memtest or the new one with the error, download 2.1 and use it to test>>>>
        Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

But you would likely either have your memory running slower or faster then it should be right? What multi do you use. Auto is not always best, and sometimes is often to little or too much.

Since you have crucial, I would recommend using 2.1 for your voltages, I have ram several at 1000Mhz with 2.1 so you will be fine there. Likely AUTO everything else is what is causing the errors, and yes auto can be different from one minute to the next so that may also be one it is fine one day and not the next.

When you get to your board, write down and post those settings for me, and I will help you get things off auto, that is probably more then half the problem.

Ill be back late tonight, but If you have posted your settings I will post back if you are here or not, In the mean time (if you have time) check out the pinned guide it will help you see that even if you do not want to overclock there are some things that should not be set to auto, and why.

Comment

I'm running with a ratio of 1:1 so 666mhz for the ram and not the 800mhz recommanded for the ballistix 6400, but at the beggining I was at 800mhz and BSODs started to show up. I've tried the 2,1v with no result.

Ok I'll try to post my settings later.

Thnaks a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X