Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP35-DS3P Backup Bios checksum fail

Hello,
    I had this MB running for a week and then came home from dinner to find it constantly rebooting with this message.
    Warning: Backup BIOS checksum fail
    It would then attempt to load BIOS and get about halfway thru and reboot.
    The board has been sent to CA, My question is: What could cause this?
    OCing? bad ram? anything I have control over? I would think that the dual BIOS system is designed to prevent this very event from happening, is this system less than perfect? I have another board on the way.
    I was running an E4500 CPU and 2G of crucial ballistix, Corsair 650W PS and XFX 9600GT.

Thanks for any and all help in advance.
    Rick
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Re: EP35-DS3P Backup Bios checksum fail

Any of those things, Did the power go out on your while it was booting? Or maybe some kids kept pushing the on/off button?

Comment

No kids. I dont know what it did as I was not here at the time....When I left it it was running an 1 hr OCCT test and was 45 min through....
      Take care,
      Rick
      GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Well in that case...You sure you didnt fry your ram? Crucial Die more often then anything, do you have other old ram to test this?

Comment

Working...
        X