Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P35-DS3R v2.1 F11, Vista x64 sleep problem (keeps rebooting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS3R v2.1 F11, Vista x64 sleep problem (keeps rebooting)

Have got this problem, I've read a lot around here on it, it works fine in S1 (but S1 is crap compared to S3)

Are there any things that I can try? Is it a known problem with all boards? or a bad batch that can be RMA'd? Or are gigabyte working on fixing it via bios update?

I have searched, but I couldn't see any official response from Gigabyte. If I remove the psu cable for 5 secs then put it back in, it works fine and boots up like normal, so my only issue is S3. The system is perfect besides this, totally stable in Crysis etc

Besides this problem, it's an awesome board, I'm really happy with it

Spec is at the moment..
    Q6600 @ 3.0ghz
    8gb ocz 6400@6400(800)
    corsair hx520w psu
    8800gt ko
    2xraptors in raid 0

all voltages set to 'auto'

Thanks in advance,

Re: P35-DS3R v2.1 F11, Vista x64 sleep problem (keeps rebooting)

seems after some reading, my ram is rated 2.1-2.2

will up the voltage by 0.4 tonight and retest

Comment

Yeah, you should set your ram voltage to spec. I suggest Nothing on auto, but that is me. Yes, ALL Gigabyte boards that I am aware of sleep/resume does not work proper. DO NOT keep trying to use it. Or RMA will be your only option soon. Yes, I believe they are working on it, but have been for a while with no luck

If you have any overclocking questions after reading the guide I pinned feel free to post about them

Comment

thanks for the reply

i'll change it to S1 mode for now then, and try and remember not to use it

Comment

Change it to Disabled is the best way to remember not to use it!! Better safe then sorry

Then if you are using vista >>>>>

Windows places a file on your hard drive that it uses when your computer goes into hibernation mode. If you do not use hibernation mode, you may want to disable hibernation and clear the file off your hard drive to free up some space (the file will use as much space as you have in physical memory, so if you have 1GB of RAM, it's going to use 1GB of your hard drive space).

There are two ways of disabling it:

To disable Hibernation using Disk Cleanup:

1. Click Start/ All Programs/ Accessories/ System Tools/ Disk Cleanup
          2. If prompted to choose a drive, select the drive in which Windows Vista is installed onto and press OK.
          3. Disk Cleanup will scan the hard drive and present you with a list of options.
          4. Check "Hibernation File Cleaner", and then click OK.
          5. When asked "Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?" click on the Delete Files button.

To disable hibernation using the Command Prompt:

1. Click Start, All Programs, and then right click on "Command Prompt".
          2. From the context menu click on "Run as administrator".
          3. If User Account Control prompts you to allow the action, click on Continue.
          4. In the command prompt window, type "powercfg -H OFF" (without the quotes).
          4. Close the Command Prompt window.

Comment

yeah, i've got hibernation off etc, on a very light vlite'd system, i'm a very old member on ocuk forums, but thanks for replying again anyway :)

just posted here because it was the official gigabyte forum

Comment

Ahhh Ok! Just thought I would post some info incase you was unaware

Comment

is this statement really true? can I please have a link which would confirm this?

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                ALL Gigabyte boards that I am aware of sleep/resume does not work proper. DO NOT keep trying to use it. Or RMA will be your only option soon.

Comment

sweet, i upped the voltage on my ram by 0.4, and a few other's by 0.1, and turned off (think it's called HPET)

S3 works perfectly now :)

Comment

Originally posted by bledd View Post
                    sweet, i upped the voltage on my ram by 0.4, and a few other's by 0.1, and turned off (think it's called HPET)

S3 works perfectly now :)
                    Yes, as I suggested in another thread, S3 works fine on most Gigabyte boards with the right voltages and the right bios.

Comment

I had the same problem on an EP35-DS4 with an overclocked Q9450. Finally solved it by disabling Loadline Calibration. S3 STR works fine now.

Comment

Loadline calibration is a setting Giga put in due to popular demand (the majority is wrong in this case) and it's a bad setting to enable....Causes the CPU to overvolt and this causes crashes and instability....There's a great article over on Anandtech that explains this in great detail.....The title is something like OCing the Q9750 The rules have changed. While this article is geared towards this higher end CPU the basic facts about processor voltage regulation apply to all Intel CPU's.
                        Take care,
                        Rick
                        GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Working...
                        X