GA-EX38-DQ6 -- Good news for once :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX38-DQ6 -- Good news for once :)

With all the problem posts, I wanted to post a "good" report.

I just completed my latest build, and it was by far the most problem-free of any I've done over the years. I'd read all the problems with memory, with Vista 64, with immature BIOSs, with fickle motherboards, etc., and was expecting the worst. Instead, it was flawless, and even my 1st step in OC'ing worked.

FWIW, the system includes:

-GA-EX38-DQ6 (initial BIOS was F1 -- booted fine; after everything was verified to be working, flashed to F2 with no problems)
    -Corsair 620HX power supply (*wonderfully* quiet compared to its predecessor)
    -E8400
    -Tuniq Tower cooler
    -8GB Corsair DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2T

Coming from an AMD X23800+ (2.0 GHz, clocked to 2.5GHz), I can't believe how cool the E8400 runs. After the first overclock to 3.6GHz (memory divider set for RAM to stay at 800 MHz), I started two instances of Prime 95 and let the machine run all night. The highest temp I saw at full load was 47C -- with the Tuniq fan set at its lowest speed (1085 rpm)!

Looks like there's still quite a bit of headroom left, and I should be able to reach my goal of 4.0 GHz with absolute stabilty. The only problem: I have to wait for four days to get back from a business trip to continue playing with the OC!

Mark

Re: GA-EX38-DQ6 -- Good news for once :)

Nice To Hear!!!!

Glad you got it all built Problem free, sounds like all of my my GA experiences

Comment

have u got a pci-e 2.0 graphics card?

Comment

Nope, to poor!

Comment

Originally posted by badonkadonk View Post
          have u got a pci-e 2.0 graphics card?
          Yep -- EVGA 8800GT.

Comment

Working...
          X