Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-MA69GM-S2H + AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6400+* (3.2GHz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA69GM-S2H + AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6400+* (3.2GHz)

GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6400+* (3.2GHz)
    Kingston KHX6400D2LLK2/2G D2-800 2GB HyperX Memory Kit
    Hitachi 500GB 0A33437 SATA2 U300 7200rpm 16MB RoHS Hard Drive

New build... tried installing a version of XP on it from a really crappy CD rom that ended up formating the complete HD but failed to install windows all the way...so I Fdisked the HD and tried doing it again from a new cd-rom however whenever I try a boot disk with an OS to install on the HD ( 2 disks one CD-R with a non orig version of XP and one CDRW with debian ubuntu)
    the cd begins to read-starts to load to Window/Ubuntu Setup gets up to a higher RPM and then restarts the whole PC ...Im running out of ideas aside from trying different burns, new HD/CD-ROM....

side note also when cmos is cleared PC will load up once and give me a checksum error (but only once)
    also before I Fdisked the HD it would load up with a NTLDR error press ctrl alt Del to restart any ideas/tips would be greatly appreciated

Re: GA-MA69GM-S2H + AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6400+* (3.2GHz)

What disks are these? Sata or IDE?

If IDE, are you sure you have them jumpered correctly? If you do, try putting them both on CS setting.

If there SATA drives, did you load the proper SATA driver with F6 at the begining of windows Install? This is a MUST

Also, NTLDR errors (If the disks are indeed setup properly) can mean a few things. One a Badly burned XP disk, or a badly made XP disk. I would suggest you re-burn the XP disk again using the SLOWEST speed your burner will burn at and see if that helps. I have ran into this issue a few times, from CD's burnt to fast, and from a Badly put together XP (Custom ones)

Comment

[quote=Lsdmeasap;249098]What disks are these? Sata or IDE?

Sorry to be so unclear I have the gramatical skills of a 2nd grader
      the 2 disks I was refering to were CDs both boot CDs one with XP one with ubuntu there is only one HD which is SATA and no I did not press F6 to do any kind of driver update...I will try out come better burns thnx for the advice

Comment

Well, since you say SATA all you need to do is download the SATA driver, and choose SATA when you hit F6 at the begining of XP install.

That is the issue, no new burn needed. To install SATA disks you MUST use a SATA driver.

Dont choose RAID, choose SATA/AHCI. You will need a floppy disk drive, or have "Legacy Usb Storage Detect" enabled in the BIOS and put the driver on a USB

You will need to go here and download this driver>>>>

Here is the XP driver

Comment

do the XP drivers, go on the same floppy disk for SATA or seperate?

will whatever menu that pops up from F6 be able to take both set of drivers?

the main thing that makes me think i need a new burn is cause with the same boot CD that I used to be able to pull up Windows Set Up and thus reach the F6 screen no longer boots in fact it reaches a certain RPM and then restarts the whole thing but eitherway atleast Ive got a few new things to try

Comment

The link I posted second is the SATA driver for XP, you need to use that when first installing XP when it says "Hit F6 to install Raid, Sata, or SCSI drivers" Then it will ask you to put in the floppy, and then you will choose a driver....Choose the one that says SATA

Not the RAID one

Yeah, if you cannot start the windows install you may need to reburn the CD, do so on the SLOWEST setting, and use DAO not TAO if you get that choice in your burning app

Comment

If U Don't Want To Install The Driver
              Set Ur Hdd In Ide Mode Not Ahci.

Comment

I am having a similar type problem only with a OEM Vista installation. Here are the details:
                I have been trying to do a fresh install of Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit OEM full ver.)
                On a new single drive installed in an existing working system.
                Setup works fine with old hard drive running XP.

What I am running to install Vista OEM:
                New motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H,
                New processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2,
                New memory - A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400),
                New harddrive - Western Digital Caviar 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s.
                Old DVD drive using IDE Interface

I boot up the dvd and everything works fine. I enter the product key, it works, I pick my hard drive out of the list (primary one partition, it is new w/ no OS)

So far so good. Upgrade is not selectable, so I pick clean install. The next screen shows at least a start of the install (gathering information I think it says). First check mark ok and then the install stops on the second item with the follow error:
                Windows cannot access the required file:
                D:\sources\install.wim - error code: 0x800701e7

It automatically restarts setup after I click anywhere on screen. So, I can't select the file or do anything.
                The install.wim file is around 2.2 GBs. You can't see it during the loading process and the install can't find it but it seems to be on the disk.

I have tried numerous techniques, searched many forums and can't find a solution.

I've installed the SATA drivers for my MOBO chipset., tried another hard drive, tried clearing cmos, etc...

One concern I have is that the DVD copies files to the x directory and then runs setup from that directory, it then proceeds to start the file copy procedure and it can't access the install.wim file.

Their has to be a solution for this problem. If anyone has any other ideas let me know as soon as possible. Thank you so much. <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_238343-->

Comment

Have you re-burned the vista ISO? Sounds like a bad burn to me. Just because it copied the file to X drive (If it even did) does not mean the file is not corrupt and the error may or may not mean/say corrupt.

I would try reburning the disk at slowest speed on DAO and see if that helps. If it is a paid for new MS disk, you will need to copy the ISO file in a ISO app, and make sure the new burn is bootable before the burn. If you need a bootable ISO file for vista let me know and I can post you one to add in the ISO

Your 2x2gb memory could also be the issue. Sometimes Vista does not like 4Gb to install. So try just one 2gb stick, and possibly if you have laying around a 1gb stick by itself
                  Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-20-2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

The vista oem was from a brand new ms disk. I am not sure how to copy it. I tried with nero and it came up with an error. What other programs will let me copy it. I will also try to install with one stick of mem.

Comment

Yeah, if you are unsure of how to copy it properly then Try the one stick of ram first, and 1gb if you can!

If no luck then I will tell you how to copy the disk properly later

Comment

Tried with one stick and that didn't do anything.
                        I burned the iso and will burn to a new disk. I might need that bootable ISO file for vista if you don't mind.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Ok, Here is a Bootable ISO file for vista. I am not sure what ISO app your are using, but you can download a free trial of MagicISO or UltraISO (What I use) >>>
                          Code:
                          http://www.mediafire.com/?nihhzs3izts
                          Then you find the iso file in the App explorer as shown >>>

Then double click it (The ISO) so that you see all of the file open/shown >>>

Then you will need to load the bootable ISO file here >>>

Note, If your ISO already Is bootable it will be shown here, If not is WILL say NON BOOTABLE>>>

UltraISO trial >>>
                          Code:
                          http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/download.htm
                          Magic ISO >>>
                          Code:
                          http://www.magiciso.com/
                          (note I am not sure if A trial will work for you in this case? It may not make a full ISO or have certain limitations?).

If it just isnt working, here is a set of "How to burn a image" for several apps, Although I dont think you can add the bootfile in with any of these. And you Do HAVE to do that
                          Code:
                          http://www.ezbsystems.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=621
                          So.... You really do need UltraISO or Magic ISO so you can add in the boot image

Also Be SURE to burn at SLOWEST Speed, DAO settings

Comment

thanks I'll give it a shot when I get home later tonight!

Comment

Great news!!!!
                              Got Vista to install today!
                              I just received a new DVD Drive in the mail (SAMSUNG|SH-S203N SATA), so I plugged it in and removed my IDE DVD Drive and low and behold the Vista installation worked on the first try.
                              The funny thing is I don't think that their didn't seem like there was anything wrong with the old drive except that I knew that I tilted it once before and it may have a problem.
                              I am wondering that maybe it worked because the new one is SATA like the new harddrive.
                              Who knows, if anyone has any idea why this worked let me know. In the mean time I will be setting up Vista!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X