EX38-DQ6 major network problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX38-DQ6 major network problem

I buy a new EX38-DQ6. After i install the Realtek diagnostic tools to enable NIC run in teaming function. Both NIC speed from 1Gbps downgrade to 10Mbps. I have two server with Intel 1000MT card. They connect at the same switch without the problems. The problem is focus on the mainboard. In software stage, uninstall diagnostic tools; uninstall all related driver; a clear install of windows were no help. In hardware stage, reset BIOS; re-flash BIOS also no help. I am really mess up here. Realtek still keep contact with me after 2 days by e-mail. I little bit confuse the gigabyte webbase techinical zone didn't.

Also, anyone with the same problem like my case?
    Thanks

Re: EX38-DQ6 major network problem

Did you use The Realtek ONLY drivers, and be sure NOT to install the ones that show in windows updates? Just a thought because I know I have issues when I use windows drivers sometimes with networks instead of the vendor ones.

I am sure you know this, and since you have tried a reinstall of the drivers probably have clean new realtek ones installed anyway.

Just thought I would post that info incase it may be of some help. I do not have Dual so I cannot be of more help other then that.

You can use more then 10GB a second? I mean really, if you cant is this really a issue? I dont think anything but fiber optics supports those speeds do they? Just some questions I had so dont be offended

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Did you use The Realtek ONLY drivers, and be sure NOT to install the ones that show in windows updates? Just a thought because I know I have issues when I use windows drivers sometimes with networks instead of the vendor ones.

I am sure you know this, and since you have tried a reinstall of the drivers probably have clean new realtek ones installed anyway.

Just thought I would post that info incase it may be of some help. I do not have Dual so I cannot be of more help other then that.

You can use more then 10GB a second? I mean really, if you cant is this really a issue? I dont think anything but fiber optics supports those speeds do they? Just some questions I had so dont be offended
      It would be arrange to work as a new file server with 3ware 12 Port PCI-E RAID controller and 4TB disk space. So upsad..

Comment

wHAT IS YOUR HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SETUP?
        XP SERVICE PACK?

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
          wHAT IS YOUR HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SETUP?
          XP SERVICE PACK?
          Software:
          I have install Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2.
          Hardware Parts:
          Intel Core 2 Duo E6700.
          Kingston 2G DDR667 module x 2
          3ware 9650 PCI-E RAID controller card with 5x 1TB RAID5
          Delta Server Power 650W Power Supply

Network Appliance:
          Zyxel 24 Port gigabit Layer2 switch

Thanks for your help.

Comment

SO...HOw you lINK THE NET?

Comment