Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU fan problem P35-DS3 rev. 2.1, bios 12 - too high rpm of PWM cooler

Hi all
    Have a problem with the MB and PWM cooler GlacialTech 5062, it rotates at 2000 rpm when idle. It is noisy and unbearable. CPU temperature is just 30 degrees celsius!
    SmartFan=Enabled, CPU CD 4700 (but I also used CPU Pentium 2160, no difference, rpm 2000). Tried bios f13a, no result.

BTW, have also P35-DS3 rev.2.0 (with very old bios) with the same cooler on it and it hasn't the mentioned problem, PWM works fine, rpm is around 1000 and CPU temp 40 degr.

Re: CPU fan problem P35-DS3 rev. 2.1, bios 12 - too high rpm of PWM cooler

So, have you tried a older BIOS? Maybe F10

Comment

Unfortunately, it is impossible to use F10 or older on the motherboard. It supports only F11, F12, F13a versions.
      I've found the following information about the problem here http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...VIEWTMP=Linear

Surgeon2 wrote:
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________
      I have a GA-P35-DS3R (Rev 1.0), which I just updated to F11, and the first thing I noticed was that my PWM Zalman CNPS9500 CPU fan, which was idling @ around 800rpm, jumped to 2000rpm... It's not full speed (which is about 2700rpm), but it's way too fast for idle...

I suggest that everyone contact Gigabyte's tech support and alerts them to this issue...

I really hope that Gigabyte get's the word and corrects it soon...
      __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Comment

Can you plug in only 3 of the 4 pins and use it like a 3pin cooler? I would try that if you can, I dont know what else to suggest. I use a Zalman fan controller so I cant say if mine work, but I do see fan speeds and GA boards discussed often

I also noticed you say you have GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.1), Gigabyte only lists GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0) As the last for that board. As I do not see ANY P35-DS3 rev 2.1 on their site So do you have the E version or are you sure which you have? The one you are having a issue with?

And I do see Many versions below F11, where are you looking at BIOS links for your board at?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Can you plug in only 3 of the 4 pins and use it like a 3pin cooler?
          Yes, I can but I don't like this method. It is equal to Smartfan=Disabled.

I also noticed you say you have GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.1), Gigabyte only lists GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0) As the last for that board. As I do not see ANY P35-DS3 rev 2.1 on their site So do you have the E version or are you sure which you have? The one you are having a issue with?
          I do have P35-DS3 rev.2.1. You can see my mobo here

I used different mobos, Asus P5B, Asus P5B Deluxe, Intel 945GTP, Intel DP35DP, Intel 965WH, Gigabyte P35-DS3 rev.2.0 and NEVER had such problems with CPU fan. It didn't occured to me that there can be any problem with CPU cooler control. I am disappointed.

Comment

Ahh, yeah wonder why I couldnt find it earlier today? Hmmm

Well I guess you are limited on the BIOS's. Yeah I have seen several users having issues with PWM fans and certain Fan connections on the boards as well.

Fan controller is the best thing I can suggest until they fix these things in the BIOS's

Comment

TRY setup smart fan control to voltage

Comment

GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh
                Unfortunately, I can't use Smart Fan Control Mode because the mobo bios just hasn't it. I was very surprsied when discovered this (P35-DS3 rev.2.0 had it) I downloaded the last version of manual here http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...l&FileID=18417
                and it doesn't have "Smartfan Control Mode" in bios description either.
                I tried Ctrl+F1 just in case, but in vain.

I've noticed the following dependence

CPU temp (celsius), RPM
                18, 1600
                22, 1700
                24, 1900
                30, 2000
                40, 2800

In my opinion something wrong with bios.

Comment

1.in 2-8 PC Health Status, you will see CPU Smart FAN Control, it can make you setup Smart Fan Control Mode .

however, did you use 4 pinor 3pin slot?

Comment

^ im with p35-ds3 rev 1.0 and the only thing that solved that problem for me was to go back to F6. Any bios later than that turns my Cpu fan to an industrial fan, and it doesn't matter if i change in CPU Smart FAN Control to pwn or voltage. The smart fan just doesn't work.
                    GIGABYTE should really fix this annoying issue and fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X