P35-DS3L XP startup 15sec delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS3L XP startup 15sec delay

My system starts up like a rocket till it encounters a 15sec. delay trying to connect to my router. The router is slow connecting but my other computer connected to the same router will quickly timeout and finish starting up.
    Is there any way to set the timeout value on the Realtek lan or have it put off the lan dependent tasks till the connection is established?

It seems my other computer will try to login then timeout quickly putting lan dependent tasks in a queue. When the connection is established the tasks run. This way it doesn't delay the whole startup sequence.

Thanks

Re: P35-DS3L XP startup 15sec delay

hmmm, ya thats a problem fo rool. what you needs to do is fix that problem in orders to sped up your bootings. I suggest to fix that router problem and everything will be back to normal, problem solved.

Comment

Maybe this will help you?

Startup Delayer
      Code:
      http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay
      I would also check to verify that your firewall is not slowing this down by blocking part of it, or scanning the connection twice or something

Comment

Originally posted by badonkadonk View Post
        hmmm, ya thats a problem fo rool. what you needs to do is fix that problem in orders to sped up your bootings. I suggest to fix that router problem and everything will be back to normal, problem solved.
        Yes that would solve the problem but the other computer doesn't wait for it. I was hoping there was some way to configure the Realtek to do the same.

About the firewall, I let my router handle the firewall duty so the Microsoft one is turned off.

Thanks

Comment

It may just be in the order you installed things. I mean things that are set to start at boot time and set that way in the order they are installed. So you may have installed some programs before you setup the realtek connection on one pc that you didnt on the other. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
            It may just be in the order you installed things. I mean things that are set to start at boot time and set that way in the order they are installed. So you may have installed some programs before you setup the realtek connection on one pc that you didnt on the other. Just a thought
            The disk was a carryover from the previous system. I uninstalled the drivers for the devices that would be different but I'm not sure if I uninstalled the old LAN driver. I don't see any references to it so I think I did however.

Comment

Well, a system disk from one pc to anther isnt good for starters, you should probably do a clean install anyway if that other system wasnt the same exact board and setup.

Comment

What is your xp service pake?

Comment

Working...
                X